Link to Twenhofel Athletic Website is below. All information, plus a calendar is provided. Please review if you have any questions!
Thank you for your interest in Twenhofel's sports. Here is some useful information before registering:
General Information for Athletic Tryouts
- Students who are interested in trying out for cross country, volleyball, basketball, wrestling, track, football, dance, and cheerleading (football and basketball), and competitive archery (not club) will complete a tryout packet.
- All paperwork must be completed before a student can participate in tryouts. The completed packet will be turned in the first day of each sports tryout.
- It would be helpful that a parent brings the child to the first tryout to ensure that proper paperwork is completed.
- If you have questions, please email Ms. Bryson, athletic director, at Allison.Bryson@kenton.kyschools.us
- Students, who are interested in trying out for a sport at Twenhofel, must 1) complete a tryout packet 2) have a current physical for that school year (WILL NOT carry over from past school year.) and 3) provide a copy of an insurance card before the first tryout. Athletic packets can be obtained in several ways: 1) Packets will be available in Twenhofel’s front office 2) Packets are available on Twenhofel’s athletic web page.
Physicals and Medical Conditions:
- Physicals – When trying out for a sport, you must bring a copy of the student’s physical to tryouts. The physical should be completed on the form in the athletic packet.
- Due to health and safety concerns, ANYONE who tryouts out for a sport (volleyball, football, cheerleading, basketball, dance, wrestling, track, and cross country), a SPORTS PHYSICAL is REQUIRED, including 6th grade.
- The physical form may be found on http://khsaa.org/forms/ms01.pd... or in the athletic packet.
- A physical is good for one (1) year from doctor’s signature and date. Please call your doctor’s office as soon as possible to make an appointment.
Health Conditions/Diastat, Glucagon, Inhalers, and Epipen –
- Also, if your son/daughter who are required and/or carry Emergency Medications (Diastat, Glucagon, Inhalers, or Epipen) must have the required forms (see athletic packet) completed and on file to participate in any extracurricular activities.
- A doctor, principal and parents must sign the Kenton County School District Administration of Medication Permission Form.
- Please read the guidelines. Keep these sheets for your information.
- The enclosed liability form must be completed and returned before a student may participate in tryouts. LIST ALL SPORTS THAT YOUR CHILD MAY TRY OUT FOR AT TWENHOFEL DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR. The supplemental insurance information will be provided on the webpage by mid-July or at the athletic sign-up night. Due to Board policy, a copy of your insurance card must be attached to the completed packet. If parents do not have insurance, it can be purchased from the school.
- The attached permission sheet must be signed by a parent/guardian and returned.
- When a student participates on an athletic team, the county requires a $40 athletic fee for each sport. DO NOT send money to school until your son or daughter makes the team. If a student participates in INTRAMURAL, there are separate fees and paperwork.