This is the online registration form for Saint John Vianney High School. Registration for all sports shall be completed online and submitted to the school before the registration deadline.
Per the State of New Jersey and the Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act
With the passage of the Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act, New Jersey has set the standard by requiring that thorough evaluation be conducted for the silent cardiac abnormalities that may lead to the sudden death of a student-athlete. The below requirements are mandated by the state of New Jersey without exception to participate in athletics for the 2019-2020 school year.
Requirements for Participation in High School Athletics
A student-athlete would be eligible for participation in athletics ONLY IF they meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Parent/Guardian and student-athlete must complete the FamilyID registration form and submit to Saint John Vianney High School Athletics by the registration deadline.
- Preparticipation Physical Evaluation HISTORY FORM, Preparticipation Physical Evaluation SUPPLEMENTAL HISTORY FORM, Preparticipation PHYSICAL EXAM FORM, Preparticipation CLEARANCE FORM, ASTHMA TREATMENT PLAN (if applicable), ALLERGY EMERGENCY TREATMENT (if applicable), SEIZURE ACTION PLAN (if applicable), HEALTH HISTORY UPDATE QUESTIONNAIRE, COVID-19 QUESTIONNAIRE. All documents can be downloaded here. The documents must be printed and submitted to the Nurse's office or the Athletic Director's office.
- PLEASE MAKE TWO COPIES OF YOUR PHYSICAL: ONE TO KEEP FOR YOUR RECORDS AND ONE TO TURN IN TO SJVHS.
- MAKE SURE PHYSICIAN STAMPS PHYSICAL AND SIGNS IN ALL NECESSARY SPOTS. VISION TEST MUST BE DONE AND RECORDED ON PHYSICAL FORM.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE PARENT/GUARDIAN AND STUDENT SIGNS WHERE NECESSARY.
- SPORTS PHYSICALS NEED TO BE CERTIFIED BY THE SCHOOL PHYSICIAN. (THIS COULD TAKE UP TO TWO WEEKS)
- IN ORDER TO AVOID MISSING IMPORTANT TRYOUT DATES, PLEASE ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING DEADLINES FOR HANDING IN PHYSICALS.
FALL SPORTS - JUNE 2020
1. Cheerleading / Boys-Girls Cross Country / Dance / Field Hockey / Football / Gymnastics / Boys-Girls Soccer / Girls Tennis / Girls Volleyball
A yearly eye exam to assess visual acuity is required. This is a routine part of a complete physical examination and should be completed by your child's physician upon his/her scheduled well visit. If your child wears glasses or contact lenses, be sure your eye doctor records the visual acuity section on the physical examination form.
NO CHILD WILL BE CLEARED FOR SPORTS WITHOUT A VISION TEST.