The Ramsey School District has partnered with Worth Avenue Group to offer a specialized insurance plan that will provide iPad coverage for an affordable annual fee. Insurance is required for the privilege of using the iPad outside of the school buildings. Parents of all High School and Middle School students must sign the iPad agreement before iPads will be issued or activated.
The policy is effective from September 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019. The annual premium is $ 35.00 per student. iPads are considered an integral learning tool and are a valuable piece of school property which must be handled with care. Intentional abuse is a serious offense and may be subject to additional fines and possible disciplinary action. A fine of $35.00 will be assessed in your child's portal. Fines will be removed when the payment is received. iPads will be used on the first day of school, so please be sure to complete the registration paperwork and pay the fine prior to Sept 1st.
The insurance policy will cover up to 2 incidents of Accidental Damage. After two incidents, parents will be charged a $50.00 deductible per incident.
FamilyID is the vendor we use for registration, which includes a secure payment portal via PayPal to accept credit cards. If you wish to pay by check, you may choose "other" at time of payment. No iPad will be issued or activated without both the registration and the payment. If you have any questions, please call the Technology Department at 201-785-2300 x 21589 or email email@example.com.
- Register in Family ID (see attached instruction sheet)
- Pay by credit card (or your PayPal account) through FamilyID (THIS IS THE PREFERRED PAYMENT METHOD)
- If paying by check, choose "other" at time of payment in FamilyID
- Make checks payable to the Ramsey Board of Education Student Fund.
- Issue separate checks if your children attend different schools.
- Write your child’s name in the memo field.
- Bring the check to the main office or media center of your child’s school. If mailing your payment, address the envelope to: Ramsey High School Technology Dept. 256 E. Main Street, Ramsey, NJ 07446
- Accidental Damage including Drops, Liquid Spills and Liquid Submersion
- Theft, Burglary and Robbery (Police Report Required)
- Standard Perils: Fire, Flood, Vandalism* (not intentional), Natural Disasters and Power Surges due to lightning
Losses Not Covered:
- Corrosion & Rust
- Cosmetic Damage
- Dishonest or Intentional Acts
- Nuclear Hazard
- Power Surge (except lightning)
- Theft from an unattended vehicle
- Unexplained or Mysterious Disappearance
- War-Government Seizure
- Wear and Tear
- Manufacturer’s Defects and Mechanical Breakdown
- Chargers, Cords and Cases are not covered by insurance and are subject to a fine if damaged.
If you have technical issues or questions about paying on-line, Contact FamilyID directly at 888-800-5583 x1.