Welcome to the Kindergarten Registration Page for the 2020-2021 School Year.
Special Note: A valid email address is needed for the FamilyID system.
Article on how to set up a free Outlook Email Account
- Your child must be 5 years old on or before December 1, 2020
- Feel free to use the age calculator provided under the links section to double check if your child meets the age requirement to participate in Kindergarten.
- Use December 1st of the school year your child will be enrolling as the age at this date entry. For example, if you are applying for the 2020-2021 school year use 12/01/2020 in the age at this date field. This will tell you if your child will turn 5 years old on or by December 1, 2020 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten that would start in September of 2020.
- You must be a resident of the Alden Central School District
- Complete the Kindergarten Registration using FamilyID and submit the required documents as outlined below.
(1) Provide copies of:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Current Physical (dated within 1 year of enrollment date)
- Custodial Documentation (if applicable)
- Foster Parents please provide a copy of your LDSS-2999 Form
- We will request school records from your former school if applicable. However, please feel free to include copies of your most recent report card and any Special Education Records, IEP or Psychological Reports with the completed registration.
(2) Two (2) forms of proof of residency are required; these can include the following:
|Proofs from Current Year||Proofs from the Last 30 Days|
|- Driver's License
- Voter Registration Card
- Property Tax Bill
|- Utility Bill
- House Deed
- Sale Contract
- Notarized Landlord Affidavit
- Real Estate Statement
- Lease Agreement
- Homeowner's Agreement
- Current Rent Receipt
- Mortgage Statement
- Bank Statement
* Please scan/upload the required documents - If you are unable to scan the documents contact the Registrar to make other arrangements. Pictures of the documents are too difficult to view and are not accepted.
Registration Nights: - If you do not have access to a device or are experiencing problems with uploading the necessary documents you may come to the Primary School Computer Lab on one of the following registration nights for assistance:
- Tuesday, March 10th - 5:30pm-7:00pm
- Wednesday, March 11th - 5:30pm-7:00pm
- Students are not required to attend registration.
Kindergarten Screening Appointments - More information will be sent to home to families at a later date regarding the June Kindergarten Screenings.
- Registrations will be reviewed and parents will be contacted through the FamilyID System stating if a "correction is needed" in order to complete their child's registration. A correction can be a request for missing information or form that is needed to complete the application.
- Once everything is submitted the registration status will be updated to approved. The approved status means that the registration is complete.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL THE CENTRAL REGISTRAR'S OFFICE.
Central Registrar: Dorothy Szymanski
Phone: (716) 937-9116, ext. 4200
Location: Alden High School - 13190 Park Street - Alden, NY 14004,
- Room #236 (High School - 2nd floor - 1st door on left before entering Library)
Hours: 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
**** Prior to starting school the medical information MUST be turned in with the completed registration packet. The school nurse will contact the parent/guardian if there is anything medically that needs to be updated or if there's a health question. ****