Dear Parents/Guardians and Students:
The following list identifies the necessary information and forms to clear your son/daughter to participate in Vancouver middle school athletics and activities. Use this checklist to make sure you have read the required information and completed all necessary forms. Any fees paid by check, other than insurance, are payable to the middle school. Students will not be allowed to practice or participate in competitions until all required forms have been completed and submitted to the school business office.
- Insurance and Activity Fee Information for middle school athletes
- Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy
- Procedure 2151
- Policy 3210
- Authorization for Emergency Medical Treatment
- Athletic Clearance Information
- WIAA Pre-participation History and Physical Examination (must be signed by physician). Physical exams are valid for two years.
- Certification of Medical/Dental Insurance Coverage
- Permission to Participate in Interscholastic Athletics
- Authorization for Administration of Medication in Vancouver School District (complete and sign if medication is needed)
- AIDS and Hepatitis B information
- Safety Guidelines for each sport in which student is participating
- Concussion Information Sheet
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Information Sheet
- Student Agreement to Abide by Athletic Code of Conduct
Please submit all forms via FamilyID to the school's business office for final clearance. Any fees paid by check, other than insurance, are payable to the middle school.Non-sufficient fund checks are subject to a $15.00 check collection fee.
Fees (payable to the middle school):
¨ Associated Student Body Fee (ASB is required for all activity participants) is $10.00 for the school year; $3.00 replacement sticker/card fee if lost or damaged
¨ Athletic Fee of $20.00 for each sport, uniform/equipment fee - except mouthpiece.
NOTE: Students must provide their own towels for sports and physical education classes.
For reduced Athletic and Activity fees: Families that qualify for free or reduced lunch will need to complete and submit a "Consent to Share" form to the business office to receive a reduced rate of $10.00 per sport. The fee(s) will need to be paid at the school business office. The "Consent to Share" form is available in the business office or on our website.
All middle school have implemented a "no cut" policy for all activities. Students may obtain an activity refund prior to the first contest of a sport season only due to injury or relocation of residence. Fees can be transferred to another sport if for any reason the student cannot participate in the sport for which the fee was originally paid. In these instances, or for more information, please contact your school's business office.