Welcome to the 2020 NHDI Summer Counselor Application.
There is no fee to apply to be an NHDI Counselor. Applicants should be in the 10th grade in the fall of 2020 or older. We seek applicants who are skilled dancers and have past experience with NHDI programs. All Counselor applicants should be interested in working with children and possess maturity, flexibility and a strong work ethic.
Counselor responsibilities include:
- Making the camp a fun place to be, helping all attendees feel welcome and comfortable.
- Assisting with snacks, lunch, outside recess and clean-up at the end of each day.
- Helping to provide a safe, supportive, organized atmosphere for all campers.
- Helping campers resolve conflicts.
- Participating in dance workshops with your assigned group, and helping children to learn choreography.
- Being a positive, energetic role model to all campers.
- Assisting the Camp Directors as needed, working closely with Counselors-in-Training.
NHDI will have opportunities for Counselors during the summer of 2020 at the two-week NHDI Summer Intensive at the Redfern Arts Center, Keene, NH (August 3 -14).
Counselors for the Summer Intensive will have an opportunity to participate in a special Counselor/CIT workshop with National Dance Institute (NDI) teaching artist Dufftin Garcia. The dance that is learned during this workshop will be included in the final performance.
There will be an interview process for all applicants with the Summer Intensive Camp Director, Assistant Director and NHDI Executive Director in mid June. There will be a briefing scheduled for all accepted applicants mid July.