Theme: Art Explorers – #DiscoverYourArts
At The Umbrella, we believe that everyone is an artist. We have designed our February Vacation Week, Art Explorers program with variety in mind to give students the opportunity to discover, explore, and experiment in the arts.
Art Explorers – #DiscoverYourArts will get the creative sparks going with hands-on projects in ceramics, drawing and painting, 2D and 3D mixed media, performing arts, and more.
Early Registration Deadline: Tuesday, January 31, 2020.
Registration Deadline*: Sunday, February 9, 2020.
Program Closed: Monday, February 10, 2020**
*All registrations and program forms are due by this date.
**Late Registrations may be accepted after the registration deadline on a space available basis if the schedules have not been completed and the staff to student ratios allow for additions to a specific age group.
Age Range: Grade Pre-K – Grade 8, approximately Age 4-13 years
Programs: Drawing and Painting, Ceramics, Mixed Media, Workshop, Arts & Environment, Digital Arts, and Performing Arts
Pre-K Art Explorers – Half Day 9:00 – 12:30pm
Morning ONLY for Pre-K (Ages 4-5). Includes sensory rich activities, stories, snack time and art making for little artists. Tuition: $225
Art Explorers Half-Day – MORNING, 9:00am – 12:30pm
Morning ONLY. Grades K – 8. Includes three different one-hour art classes each day and a break for a mid-morning snack. Tuition: $225
Art Explorers Full-Day – 9:00am – 4:00pm
Want your child to experience art ALL day? No problem! Just sign up for the Art Explorers Full Day option. For grades K – 8. Full day students must be provided with a NUT-FREE lunch from home for the mid-day break 12:30-1pm. Tuition: $450
Performing Art Explorers – Full Day, 9:00am – 4:00pm
Grades 4-8. This option is designed for those who love the stage! Each morning will consist of work on a theater production, character development, choreography, roll play and other aspects of stage craft on The Umbrella's new Main Stage Theater. The themes of the work will be around fairy tales. Following lunch, performing arts students will try other arts programs and try their hand at other arts being offered. Full day students must be provided with a NUT-FREE lunch from home for the mid-day break 12:30-1pm.
Afternoon Extended Day 4:00-5:30pm
Continue your projects or start something new under the guidance of our extended day teacher. This option is to accommodate families who need the extra time to pick up children after work.
Tuition $60 for the week.
- Students must be dropped off and picked up at their specific program location at the designated times. There is no transportation for students provided by The Umbrella.
- Students registered for the FULL DAY programs at The Umbrella will have a 30 minute break and will need to bring a NUT FREE lunch from home.
- Please be aware that the total number of classes and rotations in the various program areas (drawing, painting, ceramics, dance...etc.) will depend on the total number of students enrolled and how they divide into similar age groups (i.e. 4-5yrs, 5-6yrs, 7-8yrs, 8-10yrs, 10-12yrs, and 12-14yrs).
- Parents should also note that if your child’s age group is under enrolled (fewer than 5), the group will be cancelled and students placed in either a younger or older age group depending on availability, and at the discretion of the Director.
- Refund Policy Vacation Week Program: Tuition, less a $50 registration and processing fee, will be refunded if the request is made in person or in writing through day of the program registration deadline, Sunday, February 9, 2020. No refunds will be issued on or after February 10, 2020.