Welcome to the 2017-2018 DSST: Stapleton high school athletics registration page!
We are very excited to offer competitive sports after school for fall, winter, and spring seasons. Participating in sports is a great opportunity for students to develop their social and physical skills.
If your child signs up to play a sport, they are committing to the team and athletic program and will be held accountable to attend all practices and games, along with upholding our schools core values at all times.
ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY: DSST is a high performing academic school; and we want to prepare our students to be successful in their studies. As a result, we have put in place athletic eligibility policies based on student's grades and their behavior.
· All student-athletes must be passing 5 out of 6 of their classes
· Classes must be above 69.5% for the current trimester and for the year
· 1 F = cannot play, but can practice provided a plan is made for improving grade
o In order to practice:
§ Advisor and student-athlete must create support plan
§ Advisor shares plan with parents/guardians, Deans, and athletic department
· Students who fail one or more classes in a trimester are ineligible for the WHOLE subsequent trimester
· If student-athlete is suspended or has an intervention:
o Student cannot play or practice until fully completing requirements of plans
· Any academic or behavioral intervention (RF/CP/MT/etc) must be served BEFORE the student-athlete is allowed to practice, play in a game, or travel with the team
o If student violates this rule due to lack of integrity they will lose eligibility for the rest of the trimester
Academic Eligibility Guidelines
· Students not meeting eligibility at the end of Trimester 3 will be ineligible for the first 6 weeks of the following year, per CHSAA guidelines
· Students not meeting eligibility at the end of Trimester 1 and Trimester 2 will be allowed to try out for their chosen sport, but will be ineligible for the first 2 weeks of the trimester
· Grades for eligibility will be pulled every 3 weeks on Wednesdays and eligibility will be based on those pulled grades alone
· When ineligible, student-athletes may not play for the full 3 week eligibility cycle
· Eligibility will not be pulled the first 2 weeks of each Trimester to allow for beginning of trimester gradebook fluctuation
· Student-athletes who do not meet eligibility requirements are not allowed to play or practice with team
Non-Academic Eligibility Guidelines
· Student athletes can lose eligibility, even when meeting academic expectations, if they do not meet the expectations set for student conduct through the DSST 6 Core Values
· Any student serving an in-school intervention or any form of suspension is automatically ineligible for that day
If you have any questions, please contact your students Dean.