Welcome to Watauga Middle School Athletics Family ID! We are proud to offer this online opportunity for you to easily register your child for one of our many athletic programs. On this site, you will be able to register your child for any sport we offer throughout the year. Watauga county staff is committed to providing quality athletic programs with highly qualified coaches that are willing to go the extra mile, create positive relationships and teach solid individual and team fundamentals.
Participation on an athletic team can be a rewarding and meaningful educational experience that enhances a child’s middle school education. It is important that students realize the time demands, responsibility, dedication and sacrifices required when making this kind of commitment. The following information defines the interscholastic policies for all students participating in our middle school athletic programs.
- Due to Covid 19 the NC State Board of Education and the NCHSAA granted an extension to sports physicals that were completed between March 2019 and May 2020. Complete information in regards to these updates can be found HERE.
- DO NOT create a new FamilyID login if you are a returning athlete! Please contact the FamilyID at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not remember your login information.
- If you have any questions regarding eligibility concerns or the registration process, please reach out to the Athletic Director, Jim Godwin or Assistant Athletic Director, Andy Eggers.
Standards for Participation:
In order to participate in organized athletics at any Watauga County Middle School, all student-athletes must:
- Primary residence with parent or legal custodian in Watauga County school district.
- An up to date physical examination must be on file with the athletic director prior to the start of participation. If the physical examination expires in season, the student-athlete will need to provide an updated physical in order to resume participation. Physicals MUST be uploaded to Family ID. All physicals are valid for 395 days from the date of the physical.
- Must complete all required paperwork found on Family ID
- Student-athletes must also meet all NCHSAA Eligibility requirements