WELCOME to Summit High School Athletics!
Welcome to our online athletics & activities registration platform, powered by FamilyID. Family ID allows for a completely on-line registration and a great platform for communication with families and coaches. All families with student-athletes must complete each of the outline steps in order to participate in any SHS sport and activity during the 2020-21 school year.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION:
In order to participate in interscholastic athletics (including practices and tryouts) all of the following steps need to be completed:
STEP 1: Online registration through FamilyID: If you are a returning athlete from the 2019/20 season you can register for the upcoming year with your existing account. You will simply need to re-check all your details and update with new signatures for 2020-21 authorization forms. New registrants will need to create an account and complete registrations and authorization forms.
STEP 2: A valid, signed physical form, from within the past year, is submitted (ideally uploaded with registration) to the Athletic Department. This step is not required for activity participants.
- Links to the District Physical Form are located on the Family ID registration page or the SHS Athletics website.
- Physicals may be uploaded to Family ID at the time of registration, emailed to the Athletic Secretary at email@example.com, or submitted to the Athletic Secretary's office.
STEP 3: The student has created a CHSAA Digital Platform (AKA Arbiter Athlete/Planet HS) account.
- This must only be done once in a student's career for CHSAA eligibility reporting purposes. If you are a returning student who has previously registered – you are all set. Please do not create two accounts as the account follows students through their high school career.
- This is a student account. Parents should NOT create an account unless the student is transferring schools.
- For students who have not yet registered: FROM CELL PHONE - text S41963 to 69274, OR - go to www.planeths.com and create an account
STEP 4: The student and parent/guardian have consented to follow the eligibility and risk guidelines outlined by SHS and CHSAA. The student has the consent of their parent/legal guardian to participate, and that all parties read, understand and agree to follow all CHSAA and SHS guidelines for both general and academic eligibility and risk awareness.
STEP 5: A Participation Fee will be charged for each sport and activity. Given the unique circumstances of this season, we are delaying the collection of fees until later in the season. All participants will be required to pay fees by an assigned date (to be determined.)
- If financial assistance is required to assist with the payment of participation fees, please contact the Athletics Office. Forms are available on the Family ID registration page or SHS Athletics website.
-All Transfer (10,11,12 graders new to SHS), Homeschool, International and Non-SHS Students have additional paperwork on the CHSAA Digital Platform. Please contact the SHS Athletic Office to discuss your status.
Registration should be completed on FamilyID and electronic signature made by a parent/guardian and student-athlete. After registration is completed, required documents are received, and eligibility is verified by the Athletic Office, coaches will be notified that athletes are approved for participation.
If you have any questions, please contact the SHS Athletics Office at 970-368-1178, or email Mary Quinn, Athletic Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical assistance, contact FamilyID at 1-781-205-2800 7 days a week.
Athletic + Activity Director