VISION & MISSION:
The vision of Sarah E. Goode STEM Academy is to build a learning culture that nurtures creativity and sparks imagination, a culture where all feel compelled to develop lenses perceptive enough to see what has yet to be seen, minds powerful enough to create what has yet to be imagined, and hearts strong enough to use these talents for the advancement of humanity.
Sarah E. Goode STEM Academy is one of the five CPS Early College STEM Schools. We connect high school, college and the world of work to prepare students for technology jobs of the future. Our dynamic partnerships with IBM and Richard J. Daley College allow students to work with leading professionals, acquire industry certifications and earn significant college credit while completing a rigorous high school program. Together, CPS, Colleges and our corporate partners are pioneering a new vision for college and career readiness.
The staff at Sarah E. Goode STEM Academy possess the following core beliefs:
- All children can achieve at high academic levels as measured by college success
- A growth mindset is a prerequisite to achieving greatness
- Authentic collaboration is critical to the development of a healthy community
- Maintaining a results orientation leads to effectively identifying root causes and creating meaningful solutions
- All adults must take responsibility for the learning and achievement of the community
- Delivering high-quality public education to all students is critical to a just society