Hello Parents & Student-Athletes,
Re: Fall Sports
With our schools closing in March due to COVID-19, we were not able to have sign ups for fall sports. Though we do not yet know what we will and will not be allowed to do in the fall, we want to be ready, if we are able to launch into a regular fall season. Registering for a fall 2020 Varsity, JV or Modified Sport, will be a two-step process.
Step 1. Please complete the intent to play registration for the appropriate school and level that your child is planning to tryout for during the fall 2020 athletic season: JV/Varsity Port Jervis High School Intent to Play Fall 2020 Athletics or Modified Port Jervis Middle School Intent to Play Fall 2020 Athletics.
Step 2. During the summer, you will need to log back into Family ID to complete the final registration forms. The reason for this two-step process is because the New York State Education Department requires an interval health history summary to be completed for all athletes, no sooner than 30 days prior to the start of the athletic season. Please complete the registration for the appropriate school and level for the fall 2020 athletic season: JV/Varsity Port Jervis High School Fall 2020 Athletics or Modified Port Jervis Middle School Fall 2020 Athletics.
Varsity/JV Sports: Register - Monday, August 24th through Friday, September 25th (JV & Varsity Sports start on Monday, September 21st)
Modified Sports: Register - Monday, August 24th through Friday, September 25th (Modified Sports start on Monday, September 21st)
A parent/guardian can register by completing the following steps:
1. To register your child, you will need to select the appropriate Fall 2020 Intent to Play registration.
2. Next, click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using Family ID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a Family ID account.
3. Create your secure Family ID account by entering the account owner first and last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the Family ID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
4. You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account (If you don't see the email, check your e-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
5. Click on the link in your activation e-mail, which will log you in to Family ID.com
6. Once in the Registration Form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red*, are required to have an answer.
7. Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
8. Review your registration summary and submit.
Athletes must also have a current health examination on file prior to the start of the athletic season. Please note that the requirements for a valid physical examination have changed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Student-athletes will now be permitted to participate in the Fall 2020 sports season if they have previously had a health examination for school attendance in the 2018-2019 or 2019-200 school years. An additional copy of this physical will not be needed if it is already on file with the nurse's office. Student-athletes that have not had a health examination in accordance with these requirements, must still obtain a health examination prior to participation in the Fall 2020 sports season.