Athletic Mission Statement
Athletes participating in middle and secondary school programs should:
· Emphasize good sportsmanship and the spirit of fair play.
· Place a premium on the values which accrue from fair play.
· Eliminate as much as possible the activities which tend to destroy the values of the game.
· Teach respect and consideration for opponents as either the guest or the host of the game.
· Cultivate respect for the authority of school personnel, coaches, and game officials.
· Develop self-control, self-direction, and sound judgment.
· Discourage profanity and obscene language at all times.
· Demonstrate that the rules of the game are honorable.
· Convince everyone that the aim of athletics is really to promote the mental, social, and
moral welfare of the participant, was well as his/her physical well-being.
· Promote the game for the players and as a game only.