The board recognizes the value of educational athletics as an integral part of the total school experience for students in the district and for the community.
Therefore, the board establishes the following goals, objectives and strategies for the athletic program.
We will build successful programs and develop in our students winning habits which promote successful life styles.
Definition of Success
We will define success using John Wooden's definition, "Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
- increase athletic participation so that more students may benefit from the inherent value of educational athletics
- increase the percentage of multi-sport athletes at Kiski Area
- construct feeder systems that will both provide for a positive experience for those participating and develop the athletes so they will continue to compete as they grow older
- increase appropriate access to facilities that adequately addresses the district's and community's ever expanding athletic programs
- create a professional organization that will attract and maintain highly qualified coaches
- clearly define the role of the support organizations (booster clubs) for our athletic teams
- teach the fifteen personal characteristics in the Pyramid of Success