Harwood Offers a wide variety of Athletic and Activity opportunities for Harwood Union High School and Harwood Middle School students. Additionally, students from Crossett Brook MS may participate in several of our cooperative programs as listed below.
Before any student can participate in tryouts, the following requirements must be met: • All students MUST turn in a copy of their most recent physical prior to the first day of practice. Physicals expire 24 months from the date of the exam. Students with expired physicals will not be permitted to participate in practices or games until a new physical is turned in.
• The parents/guardians are responsible for filling out the online form completely and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child’s health, medical concerns, injuries, medications and allergies are reported to the Athletic Department & coaches. ALL students participating in athletics or activities must provide proof of insurance. If you do not have insurance, contact Sue Duprat (email@example.com) for information on how to obtain school insurance.
• Parent/guardian and the student-athlete are encouraged to complete an online concussion course provided for your information. The free course can be found at http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/Training/index.html.
Athletic Program Offerings:
- Boys and Girls Soccer (HS & MS)
- Field Hockey (HS & MS; MS Coop team with CBMS)
- Cross Country Running (HS & MS; MS Coop team with CBMS)
- Boys and Girls Volleyball, New fall 2014 (HS)
- Boys and Girls Basketball (HS & MS)
- Boys and Girls Ice Hockey (HS)
- Wrestling ( HS & MS; MS Coop team with CBMS)
- Boys and Girls Alpine Ski (HS)
- Boys and Girls Nordic Ski (HS & MS; MS Coop team with CBMS)
- Gymnastics (HS & MS)
- Boys and Girls Lacrosse (HS)
- Boys and Girls Track and Field (HS & MS; MS Coop team with CBMS)
- Boys and Girls Golf (HS)
- Boys and Girls Tennis (HS)
- Baseball (HS)
- Softball (HS)
- Fall Play (Drama productions)
- Peace Alliance
- Best Buddies
- Spring Musical (Musical productions)
- Book CLub
- And more each year!