2018-19 SPRING SPORTS REGISTRATION DATES
- 9TH GRADE SPRING SPORTS REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED
- 8TH GRADE SPRING (TRACK & FIELD) REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Welcome to Athletics in the Lake Stevens School District. The attached pages form the Athletic Eligibility Packet which is required for all participants in Athletics at Lake Stevens High School and Cavelero Mid High School.
ATHLETIC ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS Athletes must be continually enrolled and be passing a minimum of 5 classes. Athletes must maintain a minimum 1.75 GPA and no more than one “F” grade to be eligible to compete. Athletes with one or more “F” grade OR a GPA below 2.00 are placed on Academic Probation and must turn in a weekly grade check on the last school day of each week to determine their eligibility for the succeeding week. Refer to the Academic Policy/Athletic Code for detailed policy.
ASB: Athletes MUST purchase an ASB card at their respective school. Athletes must purchase their ASB card prior to the first practice/tryout. Exception: Fall athletes must purchase their ASB card on or before the first day of school.
There is a limited amount of financial assistance available. Please contact your Athletic Office as soon as possible to make a request.
Medical insurance is required for participation in Athletics. If your athlete is not covered by medical insurance please contact your student’s athletic office for additional information.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PHYSICALS
- Physicals are good for up to a two year period. If you are unsure about the date of your student’s last physical on file -PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL YOUR STUDENT ATTENDS. (Contact information listed below)
- Physicals must be valid for the ENTIRE season. If the 24 month period expires during the season, a new physical will be required BEFORE your student is allowed to participate.
- Documentation directly from your physician is valid if it states that the student is cleared for full participation, has the name and address of the physician clearly printed AND is signed by the physician.