The Medway Community Education Department is a totally self-sustaining program, designed to serve the varied needs of all area residents. Our programs provide the opportunity for educational and creative development incorporating academic, career and enrichment courses for all ages.
- TO REGISTER - Scroll down or click on the green button to select courses - continue to complete participant information.
- IMPORTANT - Carefully check your child's personal registration information if it has changed since last registering - age, grade, teacher, allergies, etc.
- LOCATIONS - Click on the link for directions to program locations.
Updated Program Information:
- B11. BEGINNER GUITAR - This program is CANCELLED
- B7. KIDS COOKING - This program is CANCELLED
DISCOUNTED EARLY REGISTRATION - Summer Adventures Camp 2018
- Begins February 1 and runs through April 1
- $25 weekly discount (week 2 is discounted $20 - 4-day camp due to July 4 holiday)
- Must register online to receive discount - visit FamilyID link Summer Adventures Camp - Summer 2018
- Payment must be received when register; spots will not be held without payment
- 5 day camp only; 3 day camp is no longer offered
- Children entering grades K-6
- Weekly field trips at no additional fee
IMPORTANT CHANGES - YMCA Swim Lessons - Beginning January 2018, the YMCA is revising its swim lesson structure to simplify and more accurately describe skill levels.
- Name Changes: Lesson names are changing to stages that better reflect the skills learned and will no longer be identified by fish levels. Visit the YMCA’s website for more information and a detailed guide on which stage is appropriate for your child. When choosing your child’s next swim session, the name changes will be reflected on the website.
Curriculum Changes: The curriculum is changing to better serve the different learning styles of children. The structure is simplified and focuses on benchmark skills and goals in each stage. Children progress from fundamentals to stroke technique over six distinct stages.
- Swim Strokes (ages 6-12 years) Stage 4: Swim Strokes Stage 5: Stroke Development Stage 6: Stroke Mechanics
- Swim Starters (ages 6-12 years) Stage 1: Water Acclimation Stage 2: Water Movement Stage 3: Water Stamina
- Program Member Fee: When you register through Medway Community Education, registrants receive the Program Member Fee without having to pay an annual fee. To view all new class descriptions in each swim stage, please check the YMCA’s website at www.hockymca.org. Once you have determined the stage, please register through our department – online or by mail. Do not register through the YMCA’s portal.
- Swim Waiver: All families must have a swim waiver on file with the YMCA. A one-time waiver is sent to all families upon receipt of your child’s registration. Our department returns the waiver to the YMCA, and your child’s swim lesson time is confirmed.
Additional Program Information:
Medway Public Library - For information on youth programs, visit www.medwaylib.org.