Brookline High School is pleased to offer the following winter season* sports:
- Basketball (Boys and Girls)
- Ice Hockey (Boys and Girls)
- Skiing - Alpine & Nordic
- Swimming and Diving (Boys)
*All winter sport offerings remain subject to local health department jurisdiction as well as facility access restrictions.
[Note that Indoor Track & Field has been moved to Fall season 2, currently scheduled to run from Feb. 22 - Apr. 25, 2021. Winter Cheerleading and Wrestling have been moved to Spring season, currently scheduled to begin on Apr. 26, 2021. Squash will not run this Winter and its status is currently TBD.]
Before any student can participate in tryouts, the following requirements must be met:
- All students MUST turn in a copy of their most recent physical to the athletics office prior to the first day of organized activity. Physicals are good for 13 months from the date of the exam, and may expire during the season. Students with expired physicals will not be permitted to participate in tryouts, practices, or games until a new physical is turned in. Please upload health forms via the "Participant Information" section of this registration in order to expedite athlete clearance.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Student and one parent/guardian must read and agree to the BHS Athletics Student Health Attestation Form (found below in the "Agreements" section of this registration).
- One parent/guardian and the student-athlete must complete a free online concussion course within the past 12 months, which may be found at https://nfhslearn.com/courses?searchText=Concussion
- Student-athlete and parent/guardian must review the Brookline High School student handbook, which may be found on our web site at http://bhs.brookline.k12.ma.us/resources.html.
- Student-athlete and parent/guardian must review the information for parents on opiate misuse disorder from the Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services. This PDF and video are recommended as well.
- Payment of activity fee (*$300.00, but subject to change each school year) will be due when team rosters are finalized. Checks should be made out to "BHS Athletics" and mailed to Brookline HS Athletic Dept., Attn: Deborah Donaldson, 115 Greenough St., Brookline, MA 02445. Information regarding financial assistance may be found at this link on the Public Schools of Brookline website.
- Student-athlete must fulfill the athletic obligations of previous sports season. (i.e. return all equipment) and fulfill the academic eligibility requirements as set forth by the MIAA, which are described in the student handbook.
PLEASE NOTE: This form constitutes a permission statement that must be signed by a parent or guardian. All of the information on this form is confidential and will be used only for the purposes of evaluating your child's health status, complying with state law, facilitating medical diagnosis, care, and/or treatment, or in the processing of insurance claims in connection therewith.