Welcome to online registration for Sandwich HS & STEM Academy winter sport programs! Before registering, be sure to read this important information:
Any student-athlete who still owes the Department of Athletics a uniform or equipment from a previous season will not be eligible to tryout, practice, or compete until the uniform or equipment is returned or until the replacement cost has been paid!
The deadline to register is Friday, Nov. 22nd at 5pm.
Tryouts for SHS winter sports begin on Monday, Dec. 2nd.
Tryouts for STEM Boys & Girls Basketball will begin on Monday, December 9th.
8th Graders are permitted to tryout for the following high school sports programs: Basketball (Girls), Ice Hockey (Boys - JV only), Ice Hockey (Girls), Indoor Track (Boys & Girls), Swimming & Diving (Boys & Girls), and Wrestling.
Specific tryout/practice information will be published on the SHS & STEM Academy Athletics website which can be accessed by clicking HERE.
Winter Sports Night, mandatory for all Sandwich HS & STEM Academy winter sport student-athletes and a parent/guardian, will be held on Monday, December 9th at 6pm. At this meeting, teams and parents/guardians will meet directly with head coaches following an Athletics presentation in the auditorium.
Before any student can tryout or participate in a sport at Sandwich HS or STEM Academy, the following requirements must be met:
• Student-athletes and parents/guardians must read the Sandwich HS & STEM Academy Student Handbooks. Sandwich HS HERE and STEM Academy HERE.
• Student-athletes and parents/guardians must watch two brief videos on Bullying & Hazing Education and Concussion Education which can be found HERE and HERE.
• The appropriate participation fee must be paid. Online payment is now available and is the preferred method of payment. There is a convenience fee of $5 for each online payment. Payment via check, is still an option. Checks, made payable to "SANDWICH PUBLIC SCHOOLS", must be delivered to the Department of Athletics at Sandwich HS prior to the first day of tryouts. A student that qualifies for free or reduced lunch can request a participation fee waiver. Fee waivers must be applied for in writing and directed to the Administrator for Athletics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The annual family cap is $600 for high school sport programs and $400 for STEM Academy sport programs. The family cap applies to high school and/or STEM Academy sport participation only and is not associated with any elementary school club and/or activity fees. If the participation fee has not been received, the student-athlete will not be permitted to participate in tryouts, practices, or contests.
• All student-athletes MUST deliver a copy of their most recent physical, which clears them physically to participate. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DELIVER A HARD COPY EACH SEASON. Do not assume a copy exists "on file" with the school nurse as these copies often expire between seasons. Copies must be delivered to the Athletics office and/or athletic trainer, Jillian DeCuffa. Physicals are good for 13 months from the date of the exam. Student-athletes with expired physicals will not be permitted to participate in tryouts, practices, or contests until proof of an updated physical has been received.
• Parent/guardian must have completed the FREE, NFHS online concussion course within the past 12 months. The course can be found HERE.
• A parent/guardian is responsible for filling out this online form completely and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications, and allergies are reported to the Dept. of Athletics and coaching staff.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Without proof of a physical and payment of the appropriate participation fee, student-athletes will not be able to tryout for a sport at Sandwich HS or STEM Academy. There will be no exceptions made.