DEADLINE FOR FALL REGISTRATION IS FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8th at 4:00 pm.
LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
WELCOME to Brighton High School Athletics!
All athletes must complete the following required steps in order to register and participate in athletics. Registration is to be completed on FamilyID and electronic signature made by a parent/guardian. After registration is completed, required documents are received, and eligibility is verified by the Athletic Office, coaches will be notified that athletes are approved for participation. Athletic fees are $135 per sport for in District Students (out of District student fee is $195 and must be paid in the office). FEES CAN'T BE PAID ON FAMILYID and could take up to 48 hours to post to Infinite Campus. Payment can be made through Infinite Campus or in the Athletic or Finance Office.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 303-655-4155, or email the Athletic Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical assistance, contact FamilyID at 1-781-205-2800 7 days a week.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION:
No student shall represent their school in interschool athletics (including practices and tryouts) until:
- The registration through FamilyID has been processed and approved by the Athletic Department;
- A signed physical form is submitted (may be uploaded with registration) to the Athletic Department verifying that the student has passed an adequate physical examination within the past year, noting that in the opinion of the examining physician, physician's assistant, nurse practitioner or a certified/registered chiropractor, the student is physically fit to participate in high school athletics. Links to the District Physical Form and other important documents are located on the right side of this page, Physicals may be uploaded at the time of registration, emailed to the Athletic Secretary at email@example.com, or submitted to the Athletic Secretary's office. Please be sure to include student's full name in any email.
- The student has the consent of their parent or legal guardian to participate, and that they and the student participant have read, understand and agree to the CHSAA Competitors Brochure (link on the right) guidelines for eligibility.
- Athletic participation fees are paid. The fee is $135.00 ($195 for out of District students, must be paid in the office.) for each sport. This fee and all outstanding district fees/fines must be paid before a student may be approved to attend practice and/or try out for a team. If a student is trying out for a sport and does not make the team or decides not to participate, you will receive a refund upon request if request is made in writing before the first game of the season. The fee will be applied to the student Infinite Campus account for payment.
*****PLEASE NOTE: ALL FALL COURSE FEES (APPLIED IN OCT) MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO 11/8 FOR A STUDENT TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETICS WINTER SEASON.
*FEE WAIVERS If the student is eligible for District free/reduced lunch program, you must sign a waiver of information through Nutrition Services for the Athletic fee to be waived. Please contact Nutrition Services to confirm eligibility.
Please review your Infinite Campus account to verify any balance due. Fees can be paid online on the district website (www.sd27j.net) or with a check or cash at the Athletic Office - NOT on FamilyID.
If the student did not previously create an Arbiter Athlete (Planet HS) account, they must do so at planeths.com for CHSAA eligibility reporting purposes. Please do not create two accounts, this only needs to be done one time and the account follows students through the years. Parents should NOT create an account unless the student is transferring schools.
FROM CELL PHONE - text S40901 to 69274, OR - go to www.planeths.com and create an account
- If student is participating in the same sport outside their participation at Brighton High School such as for a club sport, CHSAA Form 24 must also be completed using PlanetHS.
- Transfer, Homeschool, International Students and Students from other schools must submit the appropriate CHSAA paperwork using PlanetHS.
NOTE: It may take 24 hours after the time we receive all required documents/information and fees before a student is cleared to participate in a practice.
If you are a transfer student from another high school, played sports for another high school, or are a international exchange student, you are required to notify the athletic office and submit CHSAA transfer forms on Arbiter Athlete.
After registering on FamilyID, submit the following items to the Athletic Secretary:
1) a current physical;
2) payment for the registration fee ($135 in district, $190 out of District) and confirmation of payment of all 27J District fees through your home school, if applicable;
3) last semester grades;
4) contact information for weekly attendance/grade confirmation (for confirmation every Thursday); and
5) proof of residency. (Note: your address of residency will determine the school you should attend for athletics.)
6) Homeschool students must complete CHSAA Form 6 in planetHS.
ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION
BHS follows CHSAA Eligibility Plan A Requirements: Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 5 classes to participate and also must be passing five classes. Plan A restricts students to a maximum of one "F". Any student with more than one F, regardless of how many courses they are taking, will not be eligible for participation the following Monday-Saturday. If the student has more than one F at the end of any semester, they are academically ineligible for the following semester, but have an opportunity to regain eligibility during that season.
* NEW DISTRICT POLICY (starting 2018) - Two D's will be equivalent to one F for weekly eligibility purposes. Coaches may individually adopt a more stringent grade eligibility requirement.