Brookline High School is pleased to offer the following winter sports:
- Basketball (Boys & Girls)
- Ice Hockey (Boys & Girls)
- Indoor Track (Boys & Girls)
- Skiing - Alpine & Nordic
- Swimming/Diving (Boys)
Before any student can participate in tryouts, the following requirements must be met:
- All students MUST turn in a copy of their most recent physical to the athletics office prior to the first day of organized activity. Physicals are good for 13 months from the date of the exam, and may expire during the season. Students with expired physicals will not be permitted to participate in tryouts, practices, or games until a new physical is turned in.
- One parent/guardian and the student-athlete must complete a free online concussion course within the past 12 months, which can be found at https://nfhslearn.com/courses?searchText=Concussion
- Student-athlete and parent/guardian must review the Brookline High School student handbook, which can be found on our web site at http://bhs.brookline.k12.ma.us/resources.html.
- Student-athlete and parent/guardian must review the information for parents on opiate misuse disorder from the Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services. This PDF and video are recommended as well.
- Payment of activity fee (*$300.00, but subject to change each school year). Information regarding financial assistance may be found at this link on the Public Schools of Brookline website.
- Student-athlete must fulfill the athletic obligations of previous sports season. (i.e. return all equipment) and fulfill the academic eligibility requirements as set forth by the MIAA, which are described in the student handbook.
PLEASE NOTE: This form constitutes a permission statement that must be signed by a parent or guardian. All of the information on this form is confidential and will be used only for the purposes of evaluating your child's health status, complying with state law, facilitating medical diagnosis, care, and/or treatment, or in the processing of insurance claims in connection therewith.