Athletic Fee: $225.00/per student, per year with a family cap of $ 450.00. Junior Varsity Ice Hockey - 325.00 with a family cap of $ 650.00 and Varsity Ice Hockey - $ 400.00 with a family cap of $ 800.00.
Student-Athletes must pass a sports physical examination prior to participation in High School Athletics (covering the student-athlete for 12 months from the exam date), have the permission of their parents or guardian for participating in each sport, maintain satisfactory academic and citizenship standings according to Braintree High School and the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA).
As of June 8, 2011, in order to participate in the interscholastic athletic program at Braintree High School, all Athletes and Parents must take and pass an online concussion course. The online course can be taken at the following site: http://nfhslearn.com/courses/38000 or www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/online_training.html
This form constitutes a permission statement that must be signed by a parent or guardian. All of the information on this form is confidential and will be used only for the purpose of evaluating your child's health status, complying with state law, facilitating medical diagnosis, care and/or treatment, or in the processing of insurance claims in connection therewith.
Please click here for the athletic fee information form:
Braintree High School Athletic Department
Announces Winter Registration and Tryout Schedule
Mark your calendar. Another year of high school sports is right around the corner.
Beginning July 11, 2017, The Braintree High School Athletic Department will offer the convenience of online registration for each of our sports seasons through our partner company, FamilyID (www.familyid.com/braintree-high-school). FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides an easy, user-friendly way to register for BHS athletic programs, and helps BHS to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. Additional information regarding the registration process is located at the Braintree Public Schools website http://braintreeschools.org/.
Here is the schedule for tryouts at Braintree High School beginning November 27th:
Boys Basketball: Varsity - Monday 11/27 to Wednesday 11/29 - 2:20 pm to 4:30 pm in BHS Gym
Junior Varsity - Monday 11/27 to Wednesday 11/29 - 4:30 pm to 6 pm in BHS Gym
Freshman - Monday 11/27 to Wednesday 11/29 - 3 pm to 5 pm at Daugraty Gym
Girls Basketball: Varsity, Junior Varsity and Freshman - Monday 11/27 to Wednesday 11/29 - 6pm to 9 pm in BHS Gym
Cheerleading: Monday 11/27 and Tuesday 11/28 - 7 pm to 9 pm in Schuhwerk Gymnastics Room
Boys and Girls Indoor Track: Begins Monday, November 27 - Meet at 3:30 pm in the Gym Foyer Indoor Track is a non-cut sport.
Dance (Varsity and JV): Monday 11/27 to Wednesday 11/29 - 2:30 to 4:30 pm in the Cafeteria
Boys Gymnastics: Monday 11/27 to Wednesday 11/29 from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm in Schuhwerk Gymnastics Room
Girls Gymnastics: Monday 11/27 to Wednesday 11/29 from 5 pm to 7 pm in Schuhwerk Gymnastics Room
Boys Ice Hockey: Monday 11/27
Monday 11/27 - Frosh and Soph 5:40pm at Randolph and Juniors and Seniors and returning varsity 6:40 pm at Randolph
Tuesday 11/28 - 4:40pm Randolph or 5:00pm Weymouth MDC
Wednesday 11/29 - 4:40pm Randolph
Thursday 11/30 - 4:40pm Randolph or 5:00pm Weymouth MDC
Friday 12/1 - 4:40pm Randolph or 5:00pm Weymouth MDC
Girls Ice Hockey: Varsity - Monday 11/27 to Wednesday 11/29 - 2:40 pm to 3:30 pm at Zapustas Rink in Randolph
Junior Varsity/Freshman - Monday 11/27 to Wednesday 11/29 - TBA
Wrestling: Begins Monday, November 27 - Meet at 2:30 pm in the Wrestling Room Wrestling is a non-cut sport.
Eligibility for Tryouts and Winter Participation:
To be eligible for athletic tryout participation, all winter sports candidates MUST:
1. Be Academically Eligible based on Term 1 Report Card Grades.
2. Complete Online Registration at: www.familyid.com/braintree-high-school. The registration period will be open from Monday, November 6th thru Wednesday, November 22nd. Registration will re-open on Monday, November 27th at 8 pm.
3. Produce a current, up-to-date physical examination to the Athletic Director’s office prior to participation in tryouts. Athletes must pass a sports physical examination prior to participation in High School Athletics. A physical exam covers the student for 12 months from the exam date. A student’s eligibility will terminate once a physical has reached the annual limit, which is the last day of the month in which the previous physical exam was performed (e.g.- if the physical is dated December 3, 2015, the latest you can turn in a new physical is December 31, 2016, or the student-athlete is no longer allowed to participate – rendered ineligible). Sports Physical will be offered on Wednesday, November 15th, at 2:15 pm in the Nurse’s Office located on first floor of Braintree High School. Cost of Sports Physical is $ 10.00.
4. Participate in one of the free online concussion courses listed below and print a copy of the course completion certificate for both the parent and the student-athlete. Two Total.
Online concussion education course must be completed each school year.
5. Have a current Baseline ImPACT test prior to tryouts. Baseline ImPACT testing will be performed on the following dates and times:
November 15th, 16th and 21st from 3:30-4:10; 4:15-4::55; 5:00-5:40 and 5:45-6:30 Media Center
November 20th from 3:00-3:40; 3:45-4:25 and 4:30-5:10 pm Media Center
ImPact test is good for 2 years. If ImPact test date is current and on file, requirement is fulfilled.
To find out if a student athlete needs to take the ImPact test they can refer to:
To sign-up for an ImPact Test, please refer to - http://tinyurl.com/impact-baseline-test-sign-up
6. Athletic Fee of $ 225.00 is due to the Athletic Director’s Office “prior to the tryout period”.
Athletic Fee can be paid by check or money order (made out to Braintree Public Schools). Family Cap of $ 450.00.
8. Students should return BPS Pre-participation Concussion Form, Online Concussion Certificates, Copy of Physical Exam and Athletic Fee Payment to Mr. Denise’s Office, MC-12 as soon as possible to ensure requirements are completed and participation in tryouts is granted. Students missing any of the above requirements will not be allowed to participate in tryouts. For additional information, please contact Athletic Director Michael Denise - (781) 848-4000 x7810.