Scarborough Middle School Athletics
All 7th and 8th grade students wishing to participate in athletics at the Middle School must complete this online registration.
Student fees will be required for all extracurricular programs at the middle school.
Any student who fails to pay this fee and/or fails to seek a waiver will be excluded from participation in the program. Students that qualify for free and reduced lunch will be exempt from paying the fee.
Middle School Sports $75.00/sport
Cap of $225.00 per year per student: **Please note-If a student has participated in a fall, winter 1, and winter 2 Middle School sport they do NOT need to pay the activity fee for the 4th season.
As part of the registration process each student must have submitted a physical exam within the past 24 months from the first day of practice/tryouts and be valid until the end of that sport season. All physicals must either be uploaded on family ID in the correct section or bring in a hard copy to either Jacob Brown (Athletic Director) or the SMS Nurse's Office. Failure to submit an updated exam could result in a delay in the student/athlete's participation. All physicals must be dated and signed by the physician and contain the date of the actual physical exam. The physical form must state that the student is cleared to participate in sports and activities without restrictions. If there are restrictions to your child participating in athletics, you will need to contact the SMS Nurse's Office.
Five things that have to be completed for athletic participation;
- Complete online registration and sign off on the SMS Athletic Policies
- Meet all academic eligibility guidelines
- Have a current physical exam on file.
- Activity Fee must be paid by the first game
ITEMS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THIS ONLINE REGISTRATION
- A minimum of one emergency contact person and their home phone and cell phone.
- Student-athletes physicians information (name & phone).
- Insurance information (carrier, subscriber name & group name
- Electronic copy of student-athlete's physical exam document. (For uploading purposes) or turn in physical to Jacob Brown in room 181
Once you have filled out all the required information you will be able to select the button "Save & Continue" at the bottom of the screen. This will then bring you to a page where you can look over and confirm all of the information you have previously entered. On this same page, on the right hand side you will see a green colored submit button. This button looks as though it is for a payment, however, you must click the submit button in order for your registration to be processed.