The Westfield Public Schools Athletics program includes a variety of sport offerings at the Freshman, Junior Varsity and Varsity levels. By action of the school committee, a user fee will be charged per sport, per student. The fee amount varies by sport and is not refundable after the team's first game of the season. The rules and regulations of the MIAA and policies of the Westfield School Committee shall govern interscholastic athletics.
This form is for HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS ONLY
REGISTERING ON THIS SITE IS FREE!! (You will not be asked for a credit card) Athletic Fee payment needs to made at the school or by mail.
PLEASE ONLY SIGN-UP FOR ONE (1) SPORT
Tryouts begin the week of March 19 for all Spring sports.
Tryout Dates/Times can be found on the ATHLETICS tab on the high school and district websites.
The following sports will be offered at Westfield High School (WHS) for Spring 2018:
• Baseball ($125)
• Boys & Girls Lacrosse ($125)
• Boys & Girls Outdoor Track & Field ($125)
• Softball ($125)
• Boys & Girls Tennis ($100)
• Boys Volleyball ($100)
Westfield Technical Academy (WTA) for Spring 2018:
• Baseball ($125)
• Softball ($125)
• Boys & Girls Lacrosse ($125 – Co-op with St. Mary’s)
BEFORE any student can participate in tryouts, the following requirements must be met:
1) All students MUST submit a copy of their most recent physical exam to the Athletics Office prior to the first day of tryouts. Per MA State Law, physicals are good for 13 months from the date of the exam. Students with expired physicals will NOT be permitted to participate in tryouts, practices or games until a new physical is turned in.
FREE Physical Dates: (note: both WTA and WHS students may go to either location for exams)
Westfield High School: Tuesday, March 13th, starting at 2pm and running until the last student is seen
Westfield Technical Academy: Tuesday, March 6th, starting at 2pm and running until the last student is seen
2) State law requires that all coaches complete the Concussion Course - ANNUALLY. Parents and students are strongly encouraged to take the FREE online concussion course to become more educated on concussions and concussion symptoms. The FREE tutorial is located here http://nfhslearn.com/courses/61037/concussion-in-s....
3) Impact Baseline Testing for concussions must be done BI-YEARLY by each athlete. Testing can only be done at your high school. Please check the Athletics website for dates and times available prior to tryouts.
Any questions regarding concussion requirements, please contact the Athletic Director's Office.
4) The parents/guardians are responsible for filling out this form completely and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications and allergies are reported to the Athletic Department & coaches. Parent/guardian and the student-athlete must read and agree to the policies listed in the section "Agreements & Policies". Completed registrations signify that both parent/guardian and student understand and agree to the terms of participation for Westfield Public Schools.
USER FEES: FAMILY ID DOES NOT PROCESS USER FEES NOR WILL THIS SITE SHOW THAT YOU'VE PAID
All participants in sports will be assessed a per season athletic user fee due before the first game/match of the season. The athletic user fee is non-refundable. Any participant who leaves a team voluntarily or who is dropped from a team by the Coach, Athletic Director, or Principal for disciplinary of scholastic deficiencies is not eligible for a refund. If a student is cut from (or chooses to leave) a team prior to the first game, the payment will be returned.
This fee is NOT paid during registration; it needs to be paid directly to your high school. Parents and students should understand that this fee simply entitles the participant to a place on the team. It does not guarantee participation time in games, nor does it ensure specific positions on a team. Those decisions will remain with the coaches.