Dear West Milford Parents, Guardians, and Community:
All of us in the WMHS Athletic Department are hoping you are safe and healthy. This is a message to inform you about winter sports physicals which are required for participation in interscholastic athletics by the New Jersey Interscholastic Athletic Association, the Department of Education, and the West Milford Board of Education.
Due to COVID-19, social distancing restrictions, the demands on the medical community, and the overall safety of our students, parents, coaches, and staff, WMHS is not able to provide physicals for student-athletes at the school for winter sports and activities. We are mindful of the fact that it will be difficult scheduling appointments, therefore we wanted to give you advanced notice.
A completed physical is due in the athletic office prior to November 10, 2020 . With this advanced notice, we are hopeful that there should be time for families to schedule appointments, check with insurance companies for medical coverage, and for the athletic office to clear your child with our school doctors.
- Every physical conducted by a medical home physician, advanced practice nurse (APN), or physician assistant (PA) MUST be reviewed and signed by the school physician prior to your child participating in his/her sport. Therefore, it is imperative that all physicals are completed and submitted to the Athletic Office at least two weeks prior to the start of the season.
- Any licensed physician, APN, or physician assistant conducting a student athlete physical MUST acknowledge he/she has completed the cardiac screening module by signing under that section on the Clearance Form page (4) . It is recommended that you verify that your medical provider has completed this module prior to scheduling an appointment for a PPE.
- A physical will not be accepted that does not include all COMPLETED Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation forms, including the newly added Clearance form.
- Any student athlete that has a current physical dated within one (1) year from the time of the first practice of the season is eligible to participate for the season, however, a Health History Update Questionnaire must be completed and dated 90 days prior to the first practice of the season. This Questionnaire is now paperless and completed through the FamilyID website.
- Other required forms, as well as athletic registration must be completed each season through the online website FamilyID at
- Once on the FamilyID website, please follow these instructions to register for a sport:
- Click on the current Season Athletic Registration
- Scroll to the bottom of the Athletic registration page and click "Sign Up as a Family or Individual." (If you already have a FamilyID account, you can click "log In" to log into your account).
- Set up a FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password.
- You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you do not see a email, check your spam or junk folders).
- Click on the link to confirm your email.
- Fill out the information requested on the form and submit.
- ******* NEW***** ON-LINE PAYMENT FOR PAY TO PARTICIPATE IS NOW ACTIVATED ON FAMILYID. CREDIT CARD PAYMENT IS ACCEPTED
- If you are unable to pay with credit card, please email the Athletic Office.
- After your sign-up is complete, you will receive an email from FamilyID confirming your sign-up was successful.