Dear Parents and Guardians of High School Student-Athletes,
The purpose of this letter is to inform all West Milford Township High School parents/guardians of student athletes regarding the changes to the athletic participation physical process. Below, you will find bullet points that explain the new process:
- Every physical conducted by a medical home physician, advanced practice nurse (APN), or physician assistant (PA) MUST be reviewed and signed by the school physician prior to your child participating in his/her sport. Therefore, it is imperative that all physicals are completed and submitted to the school nurse at least one week prior to the start of the season.
- *NEW Any licensed physician, APN, or physician assistant conducting a student athlete physical MUST acknowledge he/she has completed the cardiac screening module by signing under that section on the Clearance Form page (4) . It is recommended that you verify that your medical provider has completed this module prior to scheduling an appointment for a PPE.
- A physical will not be accepted that does not include all COMPLETED Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation forms, including the newly added Clearance form. We do not accept faxed physicals or copies of physical.
- Any student athlete that has a current physical dated within one (1) year from the time of the first practice of the season is eligible to participate for the season, however, a Health History Update Questionnaire must be completed and dated 90 days prior to the first practice of the season. This Questionnaire is now paperless and completed through the FamilyID website.
- Other required forms, as well as, athletic registration must be completed each season through the online website FamilyID at
- Once on the FamilyID website, please follow these instructions to register for a sport:
- Click on the current Season Athletic Registration
- Scroll to the bottom of the Athletic registration page and click "Sign Up as a Family or Individual." (If you already have a FamilyID account, you can click "log In" to log into your account).
- Set up a FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password.
- You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you do not see a email, check your spam or junk folders).
- Click on the link to confirm your email.
- Fill out the information requested on the form and submit.
- IF ATTENDING SPORTS PHYSICALS AT THE SCHOOL, CLICK ON "PHYSICAL FORM" AND PRINT PHYSICAL PACKET. COMPLETE THE PERMISSION FORM AND BRING IT WITH YOU TO THE PHYSICALS
- After your sign-up is complete, you will receive an email from FamilyID confirming your sign-up was successful.