Dear Parents and Guardians of High School Student-Athletes,
The purpose of this letter is to inform all West Milford Township High School parents/guardians of student athletes regarding the changes to the athletic participation physical process. Below, you will find bullet points that explain the new process:
- Every physical conducted by a medical home physician, advanced practice nurse (APN), or physician assistant (PA) MUST be reviewed and signed by the school physician prior to your child participating in his/her sport. Therefore, it is imperative that all physicals are completed and submitted to the school nurse at least one week prior to the start of the season.
- *NEW Any licensed physician, APN, or physician assistant conducting a student athlete physical MUST acknowledge he/she has completed the cardiac screening module by signing under that section on the Clearance Form page (4) . It is recommended that you verify that your medical provider has completed this module prior to scheduling an appointment for a PPE.
- A physical will not be accepted that does not include all COMPLETED Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation forms, including the newly added Clearance form. We do not accept faxed physicals or copies of physical.
- Any student athlete that has a current physical dated within one (1) year from the time of the first practice of the season is eligible to participate for the season, however, a Health History Update Questionnaire must be completed and dated 90 days prior to the first practice of the season. This Questionnaire is now paperless and completed through the FamilyID website.
- Other required forms, as well as, athletic registration must be completed each season through the online website FamilyID at
- Once on the FamilyID website, please follow these instructions to register for a sport:
- Click on the current Season Athletic Registration
- Scroll to the bottom of the Athletic registration page and click "Sign Up as a Family or Individual." (If you already have a FamilyID account, you can click "log In" to log into your account).
- Set up a FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password.
- You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you do not see a email, check your spam or junk folders).
- Click on the link to confirm your email.
- Fill out the information requested on the form and submit.
- IF ATTENDING SPORTS PHYSICALS AT THE SCHOOL, CLICK ON "PHYSICAL FORM" AND PRINT PHYSICAL PACKET. COMPLETE THE PERMISSION FORM AND HAND THE PACKET INTO THE ATHLETIC OFFICE. Prescreening will be done during the school day.
- After your sign-up is complete, you will receive an email from FamilyID confirming your sign-up was successful.