Completion and submission of this application DOES NOT guarantee a Parking Pass!
- Weddington High School understands that many students wish to drive to school during their senior, junior and sophomore years. However, due to the finite number of student parking spaces available, not all applicants will receive a parking permit.
- Students who are granted parking privileges will be charged a $40 non-refundable fee for the year. Fees go toward parking lot and building improvement related expenses. A duplicate permit will cost $10.
- Students who have not received a parking pass may choose to be placed on the waiting list. To be placed on the waiting list, the student’s application must be complete, and the $40 fee must be paid. If the student doesn’t receive a Parking Pass or chooses to be removed from the waiting list, the $40 will be refunded.
- Students who currently have a valid Driver's License and meet the qualifications below may apply for parking privileges.
- Students who drive and park vehicles on school grounds are subject to all traffic laws and local school rules.
- You will receive an email from FamilyID notifying you once your registration is submitted. This DOES NOT mean it is approved! You will receive another email notifying you once your registration has been completed and approved. Please allow time for staff to process the registration for approval.
Eligibility for WHS Student Parking:
- Applicant must not have any outstanding student financial obligations
- Student must have access to and use a car on a daily basis
Procedures for Applying for a Parking Pass
- Permit priority is to be assigned based on grade level.
- Students may start enrolling for a Parking Pass by grade level beginning:
- Seniors (12th Grade), July 16, 2018-August 3, 2018
- Juniors (11th Grade) July 23, 2018-August 3, 2018
- Sophomores (10th Grade), July 30, 2018-August 3, 2018
- The application process will close at the end of business on August 3, 2018. It will reopen on August 13, 2018 for all other WHS students.
- Parking Pass Pickup will be at Grade Level Orientation on August 23.
**Before a Parking Pass application will be reviewed, the student or parent must pay the $40.00 fee. (This fee will be refunded if a parking space isn’t available and the student doesn’t wish to be placed on the waiting list.)
Procedures Regarding Parking and Disciplinary Consequences
- Upon a student’s 3rd unlawful tardy to school, the student’s parking privilege will be suspended for 5 days.
- Further tardy infractions will lead to progressive parking restrictions.
- Students who leave school without written permission from a parent and/or fail to sign-out in the front office will lose parking privileges for 5 days. (On the second offense, the student’s privileges will be suspended for 10 days). On the third such offense, the student's parking privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the year, without a refund.
- If a student’s vehicle is found on campus during a period of suspended parking privileges, the student will lose parking privileges for an additional 5 days.
- If a student’s vehicle is found on campus during a period of suspended parking privileges on additional occasions, the vehicle will be booted.
Procedures for Mid-Year Review
- ·If a student has failed two or more classes for the 1st semester, the parking privilege will be revoked for the second semester.
- Students who have been suspended out of school two or more times during the 1st semester will have their parking privilege revoked.
**If a student’s Parking Privileges are revoked for any of the reasons above the $40 Parking Pass fee will not be prorated or refunded. The space will be reassigned to students on the waiting list. Students who have had their parking privileges revoked WILL NOT be able to have this privilege reinstated until the following school year, and that is only if the reason for their revocation has not been repeated during the second semester.
Parking on school property is a privilege not a right. Unauthorized parking at Weddington High School will result in the following:
- 1st Offense: warning sticker placed on the vehicle’s windshield (This is for being parked on campus without a parking pass, being parked in a non-designated area (faculty or visitors lot), or being parked in another student’s spot.)
- 2nd Offense: one week parking privilege suspension or 4 hour Saturday Work Detail
- 3rd Offense: boot placed on the vehicle ($25 fee to have the boot removed). 4th and Subsequent Offenses: The vehicle will be towed at the owner's expense.