We hope you’ll join us in the fall of 2018 for Wayland Weston Rowing Association’s middle school rowing program.
The fall program features five weeks of sessions, from September 8th through October 10th. We offer a variety of days and times to fit into busy family schedules.
- Wednesday afternoons (4 to 6:15)
- Saturday early mornings (8:30 to 10:30)
- Saturday late mornings (11 to 1)
- Sunday early mornings (8:30 to 10:30)
You can choose to attend a session either once or twice a week.
The wwra middle school rowing program is an introductory, development program. We will learn key rowing skills, but most kids will not formally race. The purpose of the program is to provide initial, positive experiences to help the student figure out if the sport could be a good fit for high school. The wwra website has complete information on the program - our approach, a typical day, announcements.
The program size is capped by availability of equipment and coaching staff. Preference during the school year program is given to students who register early, and to those students who have rowed over the summer with wwra.
- Swim Test. A swim test is required prior to the start of your session. The swim test form can be found at: http://wwcrew.org/rowers/documents-and-forms. Completed forms can be brought to the first day or mailed to WWRA, PO Box 5508, Wayland, MA 01778. If you have already completed a swim test with WWRA, you do not need to do another. If you have completed a swim test for another rowing program, you may submit a copy of that swim test in lieu of doing another test.
- Waiver. All registrants must complete an online waiver with US Rowing. The waiver is good for the calendar year. You will be asked later during the registration process to confirm that you have done this. Please visit the following website to sign the online waiver:
BASIC MEMBERSHIP https://membership.usrowing.or...
Enter club code EUZXC and follow prompts
Please take note of your child's US Rowing number
Contact the coaches for more info
For more info, please contact Paul Hoffman, head middle school coach, by email (email@example.com), or Mike Baker, wwra program director, by phone (508 367 1380) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional information. They will happily answer any questions you may have.