Welcome to the Washington Latin PCS Fall Athletics Registration program. Below you will find information to register your child/children for Fall sports. Please keep the following in mind:
- Due to the on-going health crisis:
DCSAA Issues Guidance for Fall Sports Season WASHINGTON, D.C. – The District of Columbia State Athletic Association, in conjunction with the most recent guidance from DC Health, has developed guidance for high school students to participate in athletics this fall.
- DCSAA requires that all student-athletes participating in indoor sports and activities wear masks, regardless of their vaccination status, to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This is in compliance with DC Health guidelines that require all people indoors in schools to wear masks. DCSAA recommends following the DC Health policy of maintaining physical distance of at least six feet as much as possible when participating in higher-risk activities indoors.
- DCSAA recommends that all student-athletes participating in high-impact sports wear masks, regardless of their vaccination status.
- DCSAA recommends that unvaccinated student-athletes participating in indoor sports or activities or high-contact sports be tested regularly for COVID-19.
- Decisions on whether to permit spectators to attend interscholastic events will be made by each local education agency.
I am looking forward to seeing our student-athletes return to practice, skill development and competition. With your support, we can continue to grow the Washington Latin Athletics Program. Join me in wishing all our Fall sports student athletes a great season.
Coach Eleby El
Director of Athletics
Washington Latin PCS
The Washington Latin Upper School Athletics program provides a competitive, interscholastic activity for students.
Before participation may begin each student must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. A PARENT, or GUARDIAN, must complete the FamilyID registration process.
2. Physical Examination—A current and completed District of Columbia Universal Health Certificate must be on file with the school. The student-athlete MUST be cleared to participate in competitive sports.
3. Academic Eligibility— Academic eligibility has been reinstated by the DCSAA and PCSAA for the Fall season. Students in grades 10, 11, and 12 must have a 2.0 GPA from fourth quarter SY 2020-2021 compete. Students in grade 9 don't need to have a 2.0 until the end of the first quarter of SY 2021-2022. If a student-athlete (10, 11, 12) makes the team but does not have the 2.0 GPA, they will be allowed to practice but not compete. Furthermore, Washington Latin's academic and athletic department will continue to monitor all student-athletes academic progress to ensure continued success in the classroom on a quarterly basis.
4. Residency Requirement—Students must meet residency requirements as set in the DCMR, Chapter 27.