All students in the District are entitled to transportation in accordance with law and policy.
In our recent parent survey, we learned some families do not intend to use buses for transportation in the fall. To assist the District in planning and routing for the beginning of the school year, we are asking you to respond to us if you do not intend to have your child ride the bus by submitting the form below (please submit one form per child). We are asking for your response by Thursday, August 6th.
Please know that there will be opportunities to resume District-provided transportation during the school year.
Safety protocols consistent with NYSED guidance are being implemented by the District and Huntington Coach, the District’s transportation contractor, including:
- Social distancing at the bus stop and upon entering and exiting the bus
- Masks are required for all students
- Students will load to the back of the bus first and exit from front seats first, when practical
- Buses will be cleaned and disinfected daily by Huntington Coach
- Windows will be opened, where temperatures and safety allow, and roof hatch exhaust fans will be operating.
Thank you for your time and assistance. We appreciate your help in planning appropriately for the reopening of schools in the fall.
Please submit this form for each child that you DO NOT intend to use the District Transportation Service.