GEARING UP FOR OUR 9TH YEAR!
Developed by the staff of OPT Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine, the Total Athletic Performance for Sport Conditioning Camp (TAPS) targets the sports-specific needs of athletes by developing and improving components of power, agility and speed through the utilization of a variety of exercise techniques. This includes but is not limited to plyometrics, body weight resistance, medicine ball work, band work, and foot speed drills. Our program is designed to promote team building, encouragement and motivation. Athletes undergo pre and post program fitness testing as a component of the program.
The camp is designed for athletes entering 5th grade through those entering 12th grade and is open to all schools. Athletes are split according to age. Tuition includes a camp t-shirt.
2020 Location & Dates:
- Glen Park, Glen Rd, Portsmouth RI
- Mon June 29th-Wed Aug 5th, (Fri Aug 7th rain date)
- Sessions occur on Mon, Weds and Fri. No camp Fri, July 3rd
- Morning and Afternoon/Evening sessions will be offered
We are continuing to monitor the CoVID-19 situation and reserve the right to update the schedule as needed to comply with State of Rhode Island Rules & Regulations. Our presentation and organization of this years TAPS camp will be different from years past in order to allow us to maintain compliance with current regulations and to ensure the safety of our athletes and staff. We thank you all for your understanding. The following camp mandates will be enforced...
- Sign-Ups will be provided in groups of 15.
- Due to precautions associated with CoVID-19 we are unable to offer onsite "day of" registrations this year.
- There is no switching between assigned groups/sessions (attendance will be taken daily).
- There are no drop-in camp opportunities.
- Rides home from camp by another parent/friend must be by written permission only.