For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. - 2 Corinthians 4:6
Sunny Days Camp is a ministry of Fellowship Church and is located on the campus of Southern Maryland Christian Academy. This section of camp is only for those entering K3, K4, K5 in the next school year. For other grade levels, go back to the list of Programs.
In 2018, Sunny Days Camp will run for three sessions: 1.) June 13-29 2.) July 2-27 3.) July 30-August 3. You can register for a full session or individual weeks, until the capacity for each week is filled.
Day camp activities (8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.) are age appropriate, and divided into 3 groups:
K3, K4, K5 Group - ages 3 through 5 (entering preschool - Kindergarten; all campers must be fully potty-trained)
- Also, Elementary groups (entering 1st – 5th grades) and Middle School groups (entering 6th—8th grades)
Before and After Care is available from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (additional cost)
How to register on Family ID:
- Registration is one child at a time. It is based on space available. A deposit for each week holds a spot. Along with each week, you must select a Before/After Care option.
- Participant Information. For allergies/medicine, follow the instructions for providing info. Upload the doctor's medication administration & parental permission form and provide any necessary medicine.
- Read the camp waiver, for liability, emergencies, and photo release. For questions, contact us.
- Payment: Camp now only accepts credit card payments, through FamilyID. A deposit is due at the time you register. A single week's balance needs to be paid by the start of that selected week. To calculate the deposit, you would need to count the weeks that this child's registration covers, and apply a $25 deposit for each week. That deposit amount will be deducted from your total cost. This is the same process as last year, except the payment is online. For those who just pay a $25 deposit amount but sign up for multiple weeks, the other spots will not be guaranteed. If you have questions, please contact us.
Programming includes on-site shows, trips, crafts, water, games, and Bible. All camp staff are fingerprinted and background checked. Most staff are Fellowship Church members, SMCA employees, or SMCA graduates. The camp does not have a full-time nurse, but almost all staff are first aid/CPR certified.
2018: Theme: God’s Galaxy: Mission- Getting to know Him better
- The days for our preschoolers are full of fun! They take weekly field trips, do crafts, have daily Bible time, spend time outside on the playground and on our very own waterslide, and they wind down their days with nap/quiet time. This summer, we want to take major trips to Medieval Times, the National Zoo, Urban Pirates and the National Aquarium. Other local trips include the movies ( Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation& Incredibles 2), Chuck E. Cheese, and Sakura. Due to space and transportation reasons, we only have availability for 40 camper slots maximum per week.
- A specific weekly schedule will be sent to you before the week begins. It will show exactly what/when programs will take place, and what lunches are offered. Campers can almost always bring their own lunch as well.
The K3, K4, K5 Director is Mrs. Sarah Hayden (Fellowship Church, SMCA STEM, Yearbook teacher)