Completion and submission of this application DOES NOT guarantee a Parking Pass!
- Sun Valley High School understands that many students wish to drive to school during their senior, junior and sophomore years. However, due to the finite number of student parking spaces available, not all applicants will receive a parking permit.
- Students who are granted parking privileges must display their parking pass in their rearview mirror. Students will be charged a $40 non-refundable fee for the year. Fees go toward parking lot and building improvement related expenses. A duplicate permit will cost $10. SENIORS WHO WISH TO GET A PARKING SPOT THAT THEY PAINT MUST GO TO OSP LINK FOR 40 DOLLARS FOR PARKING AND 20 DOLLARS FOR PAINTING.
- Students who have not received a parking pass may choose to be placed on the waiting list. To be placed on the waiting list, please register for the waiting list option.
- Students who currently have a valid Driver's License and meet the qualifications below may apply for parking privileges.
- Students who drive and park vehicles on school grounds are subject to all traffic laws and local school rules.
- You will receive an email from FamilyID notifying you once your registration is submitted. This DOES NOT mean it is approved! You will receive another email notifying you once your registration has been completed and approved. Please allow time for staff to process the registration for approval.
Eligibility for SVHS Student Parking:
- Applicant must not have any outstanding student financial obligations. If a student applies with outstanding financial obligations, they will be moved to the bottom of the current list. All obligations need to be satisfied before a permit will be issued.
- Student must have access to and use a car on a daily basis
Procedures for Applying for a Parking Pass
- Permit priority is to be assigned based on grade level.
- Students may start enrolling for a Parking Pass by grade level beginning:
- Seniors (12th Grade) September 21, 2020
- Juniors (11th Grade) September 22, 2020
- Sophomores (10th Grade) September 23, 2020
- Parking Pass Pickup will be the first day of school in the main office.
**Before a Parking Pass application will be reviewed, the student or parent must pay the $40.00 fee.
Procedures Regarding Parking and Disciplinary Consequences
- Student vehicles are subject to search if there is reasonable cause to believe that drugs, alcohol, stolen property or other contraband might be in the vehicle.
- All automobiles parked on the school campus must be registered with the school and must display the current permit.
- Parking is strictly limited to the assigned parking space number.
- There is to be NO LOITERING in the parking lot. Students are to leave their vehicles immediately upon parking. They are not permitted to return to their vehicles except for departure.
- Driving over 10 miles per hour or any form of reckless driving is strictly prohibited.
- No vehicle will be allowed to leave the parking lot without proper authorization.
**If a student’s Parking Privileges are revoked for any of the reasons above the $40 Parking Pass fee will not be prorated or refunded. The space will be reassigned to students on the waiting list. Students who have had their parking privileges revoked WILL NOT be able to have this privilege reinstated until the following school year, and that is only if the reason for their revocation has not been repeated during the second semester.
Parking on school property is a privilege, not a right. Violations of any parking procedures at Sun Valley High School will result in the following:
1st Offense: Conference with Administration and call to parents
2nd Offense: one-week parking privilege suspension or 4 hour Saturday Work Detail
3rd Offense: loss of parking privileges to be determined by an administrator.
4th and Subsequent Offenses: The vehicle will be towed at the owner's expense and parking privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the year.