Dear Chamber Choir Parents/Guardians,
It has been a few years since our High School Chamber Choir undertook a performance tour. These musical performance trips are memorable experiences that provides unique educational opportunities at entertaining venues. Therefore, I am happy to announce that our 2020 Spring Performance Tour has been planned!
Based on the feedback from our students, I have tentatively planned our 2020 tour to HersheyPark in Hershey, Pennsylvania from May 29 to 30. During this tour we will participate in Music In the Parks. This event is a national program that includes a full competitive evaluation of a musical performance, awards ceremony, and an afternoon in the park.
When students were polled about possible tour locations, they were overwhelmingly in favor of HersheyPark in Hershey, PA based on the criteria that students valued affordability, and tour dates that were least in conflict with other extra-curricular events. Music In the Parks performance spots fill up quickly, so I have already reserved and registered our group for performance.
To alleviate some of the economic concerns related to this trip, the Chamber Choir has been participating in fundraising activities throughout the beginning of the school year, which can be used to offset the cost of each student musician’s trip. Additionally, any funds in your student musician’s fundraising account may be used to offset the cost of this trip. Please contact me if need your student’s account info/balance.
A draft of the itinerary/schedule, and costs will be outlined below. After reading through this letter, if your student musician is interested, please return the accompanying permission slip.
Please note, this tour will not be possible without a majority of the ensemble attending. Participation will also not be possible if the interested students do not provide the appropriate instrumentation for a balanced performing ensemble. To gauge our level of participation, I ask that you return the permission slip Friday, January 10th.
- The total cost of this trip per student is $210.00 - This will include the cost of transportation, hotel stay and a ticket to HersheyPark. This will not include cost of food, snack, or souvenirs.
- An initial deposit/payment of $50.00 will be required Friday, January 31, 2020.
- The second payment of $50.00 will be required by Friday, February 21, 2020.
- The third installment of $50.00 will be required by Friday, March 20, 2020.
- The final installment of of $60.00 will be required by Friday, April 24, 2020.
Cash or Check made payable to ‘FHS Chorus’
- In the event a student is unable to attend after having completed financial installments, there may be a cancellation fee associated depending on when the student cancels their commitment to the trip. After the third installment, payments will not be refundable due to cancellation. This is the policy of the EPM Travel Agency. Students - please look at your calendar carefully to make sure you can attend this event.
9:00AM* – Departing Fredonia High School
9:00AM* - Traveling to Hershey, PA
12:00AM - Lunch Break - Students may bring a bagged lunch or spending money for lunch.
TBD - Music Performance - Music in the Parks
( Performances take place between 4-10PM )
Evening (TBD) - Old Country Buffet Harrisburg for Dinner
Following Music in the Parks performance – Radisson Hotel Harrisburg – Camp Hill, PA
9:00AM-5:00PM - Students and Chaperones at Hershey Park, PA.
5:00PM - Students depart Hershey Park to Fredonia High School, Fredonia, NY.
10:30PM - Students arrive at Fredonia High School.
*Departure time may change to be later in the day depending on our performance/adjudication time.