Please note registration deadline for all SPRING Sports 2020 is Feb 15th 2020
If Needed: *Deadline for submitting sports physical paperwork (signed) to the nurse is Jan 27th 2020 (physicals are valid for 365 days)
Before beginning registration please have the following available:
b) your student athlete will need to sign forms and watch a short video
Registration will begin 30 days prior to the start of practice. All students must register for athletics online before they may participate in any way.
The following is required before your student may participate in a Gloucester City Athletics program.
- Online Registration has been completed.
- ImPACT Online Testing has been completed- (athletic trainer-GHS).
- Health History and SPORTS Physical Forms are on file with the school nurse and dated within 365 days prior to the first practice.
- The student is academically eligible for participation; as well as attendance and discipline criteria according to the district student handbook.
Concussion Baseline Testing
ImPACT Online Test
All student-athletes are required to take the ImPACT Concussion Baseline Test prior to participation. The Athletic Trainer will arrange a testing time at school.
Heath History and Physical Forms
Due to State regulations, physicals must be conducted at the medical home of the student and a report sent to the school on our district form. Please complete and submit the Health History and Physical Forms to the school nurse as soon as possible. All physicals must be completed 365 days prior to the first practice. All physical must be 365 days current. Forms are available in the AD (GHS) office or nurses' office. If your child uses an inhaler, you and the doctor must complete the Self Administration of Medication Form and the Asthma Action Plan before practice will be allowed.
Note: Any student who does not have a medical home. District physicals will be offered for spring sports-signed paperwork must be to the nurse by Jan 27th.
Attention Diabetic and Asthmatic Athletes: Athletes with diabetes are advised to bring in extra snacks to be kept in the athletic trainer's office during sports participation to serve as a backup to the athlete's personal supplies. Asthmatics must have their rescue inhaler present on the field, court, etc. for all games and practices.
- Asthma Action Plan and Asthma Self Administration Form
- For any athletes with Asthma, the Asthma Action Plan Asthma Self Administration Form is to be completed by both the parent/guardian, the student, and signed by the physician. This form should be on file in the nurse's office.
- Student athletes need to have an epi-pen with them for all practices and games.
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan