Spring sports are: Boys & Girls Lacrosse, Baseball, Softball, Track & Field
SIXTH GRADERS ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE BY INVITATION ONLY: SEE TRACK POLICY ON BROWN WEBSITE
- This online registration needs to be completed before tryouts/practice.
- REGISTRATION CLOSES ON MARCH 26, 2020 @ 7:00PM
- PLEASE DO NOT PAY THE $180 USER FEE UNTIL YOUR CHILD HAS BEEN SELECTED ON THE TEAM ROSTER. Fee must be paid before the first game/meet.
- Please make sure an up to date physical is on file with the nurse. Physical has to be dated not earlier than March 1, 2019.
- Coaches Informational meeting for all spring sports will be held during 7th and 8th grade lunches
- Track will begin on Wednesday, March 25th
- Baseball, Softball, Girls lacrosse & Boys lacrosse tryouts will begin on Monday, March 30th (weather pending).
If your child is interested in participating they should attend an informational meeting. These meetings are held during the last ten minutes of each lunch period on a specific date. Students are informed about this meeting through daily announcements and in the daily bulletin. If your child missed the informational meeting they can speak to the coach individually. If you have any questions, please call or email Katrina Antonellis (617) 559-6900.
It is the intent of athletic programs to provide opportunities for participation for as many students as possible. Budget constraints, safety concerns, and available facilities, however make a "no cut" policy difficult. Prior to the start of a season, coaches will advise parents and students of the try-out and participation policy for each sport. Every effort will be made to accommodate as many students as possible with regard to safety, playing time, and available facilities, but coaches may follow pre-established and announced cutting policies.
The fostering of participation and sportsmanship, as well as the physical, emotional, and ethical development of a student in a competitive situation are emphasized. Inherent in this philosophy is the belief that winning is not the major goal of an athletic program. Coaches are encouraged to play every team member when game circumstances permit use of substitutions.
There is a user fee for athletes who participate on a team. The user fee amount per sport is $180.00. User fee can be paid online (see fee payment & waiver information in our school athletic page). User fee must be paid before the first game.
The late bus times: There will be a 4:15pm Newton bus for Enrichment activities. A 4:30pm METCO bus and a 5:15 Newton bus for athletes .