BHS STUDENT-ATHLETE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• The Athletic Department will be going to a tiered system for athletic fees starting in the fall of 2016. Please check the cost of each sport on the list below. Make checks payable to Town of Belchertown and please give your payment to the main office c/o the Athletic Director, or mail to Belchertown High School c/o Athletic Director, 142 Springfield Road, Belchertown, MA 01007. Athletic fee must be received prior to the start of the season. The spring season starts March 16, 2020.
- TIER 1- $150
- Boys + Girls Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Boys + Girls Tennis
- Boys + Girls Track and Field
- TIER 2- $200
- Boys + Girls Soccer
- Boys + Girls Volleyball
- Boys + Girls Basketball
- Boys + Girls Swimming
- Boys + Girls Lacrosse
- TIER 3- $250
- TIER 4- $300
- Ice Hockey
•Student-athletes must register with the Athletic Department each season via FamilyID.
• Student-athletes must be physically eligible to participate. A current and clear physical examination, conducted BY THE STUDENT-ATHLETE'S PRIMARY HEALTH CARE PROVIDER within the 13 month period prior to the DATE OF PARTICIPATION must be turned in to Belchertown High School prior to the student-athlete's participation in any sport. The MIAA Medical Questionnaire is available upon request.
• Freshmen, Juniors, and any new student-athletes must take the Impact Baseline Test prior to participation. Please see the BHS Athletic Homepage for more information regarding how/when to take the Impact Baseline Test.
• Student-athletes must be academically eligible (70% average for the previous term with no grades under a 65%).
• Student-athletes must be in school for the entire day in order to participate in athletics that day. If a student athlete is not present for the entire day before a weekend, vacation, day off from school, then the student athlete is not eligible to practice or play in games, meets or matches until the student athlete is present for an entire school day.
Additional contact emails - Only the "Account Owner Email" will receive emails from the FamilyID portal. Periodically, emails will be sent using the FamilyID portal. If you would like additional email contacts to receive emails please add those emails to your "Profile" under "Additional Email Notifications".