IMPORTANT: In order to participate there are TWO (2) separate registrations (RHS via Family ID AND at Richland Lacrosse Club: richlandlacrosse.com.)
Lacrosse is an ASB Club Sport (non-WIAA, but will be held to WIAA eligibility standards below) and sanctioned through Washington High School Boys Lacrosse (WHSBLA) & Washington High School Girls Lacrosse (WSLAX). This makes lacrosse different from some of the other varsity sports in that players fully fund the cost of a season through their registration fee.
The W.I.A.A. and the Richland School District require the following items to be met or completed in order for a student to compete in the district athletic programs:
1. AGE LIMIT: (WIAA) The student shall be under 20 years of age September 1 for the fall sports season, on December 1 for the winter sports season, and on March 1 for the spring sports season.
2. ATTENDANCE AREA: (WIAA) The student is a full time student living within the boundary limits for the school which they attend.
3. SCHOLARSHIP: (WIAA) In order to maintain athletic eligibility during the current semester/trimester, the student shall be enrolled and maintain passing grades in a minimum of five (5) full-time subjects or passing six (6) if taking seven classes (WIAA policy).
4. SEASON LIMITATIONS: (WIAA) After entering the ninth grade, a student shall have four (4) consecutive years of interscholastic eligibility.
5. FORMS: (RICHLAND SCHOOL DISTRICT) A yearly athletic physical must be on file in the office of the athletic director.
6. FEES: (RICHLAND SCHOOL DISTRICT & US LACROSSE MEMBERSHIP)
A. Participation fee – Boys: $375.00 & Girls: $325.00
B. ASB Card - $30.00
C. Annual US Lacrosse Membership Card: $30.00 (payable to US Lacrosse via Richland Lacrosse Club at richlandlacrosse.com.)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mike Edwards, Athletic Director at 509-967-6549.
****Please note**** This form contains a WARRANTY OF PARENT/GUARDIAN that requires signature. The agreement states the following. "Under the pains and penalties of perjury, by submitting this registration form, I represent and warrant that I am (i) the parent or guardian listed above; (ii) at least 18 years old, and (iii) fully able and competent to enter into this agreement.