Registration for Spring Sports – Tuesday, February 11, 2020 through Thursday, March 12, 2020
Students must register through Family ID prior to making your payment online.
Student-Athletes must pass a sports physical examination prior to participation in High School Athletics (covering the student-athlete for 12 months from the exam date), have the permission of their parents or guardian for participating in each sport, maintain satisfactory academic and citizenship standings according to Braintree High School and the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA).
This form constitutes a permission statement that must be signed by a parent or guardian. All of the information on this form is confidential and will be used only for the purpose of evaluating your child's health status, complying with state law, facilitating medical diagnosis, care and/or treatment, or in the processing of insurance claims in connection therewith.
Eligibility for Tryouts and Spring Participation:
To be eligible for athletic tryout participation, all Spring sports candidates MUST:
1. Be Academically Eligible based on Term Two Report Card Grades.
2. Complete the FamilyID Online Registration. It is necessary to complete this process each season (even if student played a Fall or Winter sport). Please make sure all information is correct and up-to-date including the Medical Condition/Injury History, Head Injury and Concussion History, Medication List, and Contact Information for parent/guardian and emergency contacts.
The registration period will only be open from Tuesday, February 11, 2020 through Thursday, March 12, 2020
3. As of June 8, 2011, in order to participate in the interscholastic athletic program at Braintree High School, all Athletes and Parents must take and pass an Online Concussion Course. Participate in the free online concussion course listed below, Save the certificates to your computer and Upload the 2 certificates of completion onto FamilyID where it is asked in the medical section of the FamilyID online registration.
This must be done for both the parent and the student-athlete;Two Separate Accounts= Two Certificates Total (with different names).
Online concussion education course must be completed once each SCHOOL YEAR. Please know paper copies will not be accepted. For step-by-step directions on how to complete the course and upload onto FamilyID please click here: How to Complete the Online Concussion Course and Attach the Certificate Please delete old certificates.
4. Produce a current, up-to-date Physical Examination and (NEW!) Upload it onto the FamilyID registration where asked in the "Yes/No" medical section. Athletes must pass a sports physical examination prior to participation in Braintree Public School Athletics. Per the Braintree Athletic Handbook: A physical exam covers the student for 12 months from the exam date. A student’s eligibility will terminate once a physical has reached the annual limit, which is the last day of the month in which the previous physical exam was performed (e.g.- if the physical is dated March 3, 2019, the latest you can turn in a new physical is March 31, 2020, or the student-athlete is no longer allowed to participate – rendered ineligible).
5. Have a current Baseline ImPACT test prior to tryouts. ImPACT Baseline Testing dates are generally:
- August- the week/day(s) before Fall tryouts
- November- the week before Thanksgiving
- March 9, 10, 11 and 12 from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm in Room 321 (Tentative due to tournament contests)
- June- the week before Finals
ImPACT tests are good for 2 years. If the ImPACT test date is current and on file, requirement is fulfilled.
To check if a student-athlete is in need of ImPACT Testing-
If student-athlete is in need of Impact Testing please sign-up at - http://tinyurl.com/ImPACT-Test-Sign-Up
6. According to School Committee policy (3/19/18), under the following guidelines, each student athlete at Braintree High School is required to pay an Athletic Fee to participate on a team. No student will be excluded from a team due to financial hardship. Paying an Athletic Fee in no way guarantees a starting position or playing time.
Students must register through our online registration service, Family ID, prior to making your payment online.
ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO PAY A STUDENT ATHLETIC FEE BY THE END OF THE THIRD DAY OF TEAM PRACTICE FOLLOWING THE RELEASE OF PROGRAM ROSTERS FOR VARSITY, JV AND FRESHMAN TEAMS. UNIFORMS WILL BE WITHHELD UNTIL PAYMENT IS MADE.
DO NOT PAY WHEN YOU REGISTER. THIS WILL DELAY REIMBURSEMENT IF YOUR CHILD DOES NOT MAKE A TEAM DUE TO THE VOLUME OF STUDENTS THAT PARTICIPATE IN TRYOUTS.
The High School Student Athletic Fee is $175.00 per student, per sport with the exception of hockey, which is $450 for Varsity Hockey and $375 for Junior Varsity Hockey.
The Middle School Student Athletic Fee is $ 75.00 per student, per sport.
There is a Family Cap per School Year of $1,200.00. If you have reached the Family Cap of $1,200.00 for the School Year, you must still register the student(s) for the sport in FamilyID, but do not make any additional payments.
Students who qualify for free or reduced lunch will receive a reduced Student Athletic Fee of 50%, rounded up to the nearest whole dollar.
a. High School - $88.00 per student per sport with the exception of hockey, which is $225 for Varsity Hockey and $188 for Junior Varsity Hockey
b. Middle School - $38.00 per student per sport
Waivers may be applied for on a case by case basis and must include a completed Sharing Information With Other Programs Form, which gives permission to share eligibility status in regards to the athletic fee status.
7. Students missing any of the above requirements will not be allowed to participate in tryouts.
Practice and Contest Schedules are posted at https://braintreesports.bigteams.com/.
For additional information, please contact Athletic Director Michael Denise - (781) 848-4000 x7810.
Here is the Tentative Schedule for Spring Tryouts at Braintree High School:
Baseball - Monday, March 16 at 2:30 pm
Softball - Monday, March 16 at 2:30 pm
Boys Lacrosse - Monday, March 16 at 2:30 pm
Girls Lacrosse - Monday, March 16 at 2:30 pm
Boys Tennis - Monday, March 16 at 2:30 pm
Girls Tennis - Monday, March 16 at 2:30 pm
Girls Golf - Monday, March 16 at 2:30 pm, cafeteria
Boys & Girls Outdoor Track - Monday, March 16th at 2:45 pm in the Gym Foyer.
Boys Volleyball - Monday, March 16 at 6 pm in Gymnasium.
Cheer - To Be Announced in May
Dance - To Be Announced in May