Welcome to online registration for Sandwich HS & STEM Academy spring sport programs! Before registering, be sure to read this important information:
Any student-athlete who still owes the Department of Athletics a uniform or equipment from a previous season will not be eligible to tryout, practice, or compete until the uniform or equipment is returned or until the replacement cost has been paid!
Tryouts for SHS spring sports begins on Monday, March 19th.
"Spring Sports Night" is Monday, March 26th at 6pm in the Sandwich HS auditorium. Every high school spring sport student-athlete and a parent/guardian are expected to be in attendance. Following a brief Athletics review in the auditorium, student-athletes and parents/guardians will meet with head coaches to discuss team-specific expectations and policies.
Tryouts for STEM Academy spring interscholastic sports (Baseball and Softball) begin the week of March 26th.
STEM Academy Instructional Offerings (Fitness at Compass Athletics, Track & Field, and Swimming & Diving) will begin the week of April 2nd.
8th Graders are permitted to tryout for the following high school spring sport programs:
- Lacrosse (Boys) [freshmen level only]
- Lacrosse (Girls)
- Tennis (Boys)
- Tennis (Girls)
- Outdoor Track & Field (Boys)
- Outdoor Track & Field (Girls)
Specific tryout/practice information will be published on the SHS & STEM Academy Athletics website which can be accessed by clicking HERE.
Before any student can tryout or participate in a sport at Sandwich HS or STEM Academy, the following requirements must be met:
3. The appropriate participation fee, made payable to "SHS ARA", must be mailed or hand-delivered to the Department of Athletics at Sandwich HS prior to the first day of tryouts. A student that qualifies for free or reduced lunch can request a participation fee waiver. Fee waivers must be applied for in writing and directed to the Administrator for Athletics at email@example.com.
The annual family cap is $600 for high school sport programs and $400 for STEM Academy sport programs. The family cap applies to high school and/or STEM Academy sport participation only and is not associated with any club and/or activity fees. If the participation fee has not been received, the student-athlete will not be permitted to participate in tryouts, practices, or contests.
4. All student-athletes MUST mail or deliver a copy of their most recent physical, which clears them physically to participate. Copies must be delivered to the Dept. of Athletics or the Athletic Trainer’s Office. Do not assume that a copy is on file with the school nurse. Physicals are good for 13-months from the date of the exam. Student-athletes with expired physicals will not be permitted to participate in tryouts, practices, or contests until proof of an updated physical has been received.
5. Parent/guardian must have completed the FREE, NFHS online concussion course within the past 12 months. The course can be found HERE.
6. A parent/guardian is responsible for filling out this online form completely and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications, and allergies are reported to the Dept. of Athletics and coaching staff.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Without proof of a physical and payment of the appropriate participation fee, student-athletes will not be eligible to tryout for a sport at Sandwich HS or STEM Academy. Exceptions cannot be made.