Athletic Fee: $225.00/per student, per year with a family cap of $ 450.00. Junior Varsity Ice Hockey - 325.00 with a family cap of $ 650.00 and Varsity Ice Hockey - $ 400.00 with a family cap of $ 800.00.
Student-Athletes must pass a sports physical examination prior to participation in High School Athletics (covering the student-athlete for 12 months from the exam date), have the permission of their parents or guardian for participating in each sport, maintain satisfactory academic and citizenship standings according to Braintree High School and the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA).
As of June 8, 2011, in order to participate in the interscholastic athletic program at Braintree High School, all Athletes and Parents must take and pass an online concussion course. The online course can be taken at the following site: http://nfhslearn.com/courses/38000 or www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/online_training.html
This form constitutes a permission statement that must be signed by a parent or guardian. All of the information on this form is confidential and will be used only for the purpose of evaluating your child's health status, complying with state law, facilitating medical diagnosis, care and/or treatment, or in the processing of insurance claims in connection therewith.
Please click here for the athletic fee information form:
Braintree High School Athletic Department
Announces Spring Registration and Tryout Schedule for Cheer and Dance
Mark your calendar. Another year of high school sports is right around the corner.
Beginning July 11, 2017, The Braintree High School Athletic Department will offer the convenience of online registration for each of our sports seasons through our partner company, FamilyID (www.familyid.com/braintree-high-school). FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides an easy, user-friendly way to register for BHS athletic programs, and helps BHS to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. Additional information regarding the registration process is located at the Braintree Public Schools website http://braintreeschools.org/.
Here is the schedule for tryouts at Braintree High School:
Cheer - All Candidates: Monday 6/4 to Wednesday 6/6 from 6 to 8 pm - Gymnasium; Thursday 6/7 from 5:30-8 pm in Gymnasium
Dance - All Candidates: Tuesday 5/29 from 3-5 pm in Gymnastics Room; Wednesday 5/30 to Friday 6/1 from 3-5 pm in Gymnasium
Eligibility for Tryouts and Spring Participation:
To be eligible for athletic tryout participation, all candidates MUST:
1. Be Academically Eligible based on Final Report Card Grades.
2. Complete Online Registration at: www.familyid.com/braintree-high-school. The registration period will be open from Monday, May 14th thru Thursday, June 7th.
3. Produce a current, up-to-date physical examination to the Athletic Director’s office prior to participation in tryouts. Athletes must pass a sports physical examination prior to participation in High School Athletics. A physical exam covers the student for 12 months from the exam date. A student’s eligibility will terminate once a physical has reached the annual limit, which is the last day of the month in which the previous physical exam was performed (e.g.- if the physical is dated December 3, 2015, the latest you can turn in a new physical is December 31, 2016, or the student-athlete is no longer allowed to participate – rendered ineligible).
4. Participate in one of the free online concussion courses listed below and print a copy of the course completion certificate for both the parent and the student-athlete. Two Total.
Online concussion education course must be completed each school year.
5. Have a current Baseline ImPACT test prior to tryouts. Please see Athletic Trainer for Baseline ImPACT testing.
ImPact test is good for 2 years. If ImPact test date is current and on file, requirement is fulfilled.
To find out if a student athlete needs to take the ImPact test they can refer to:
To sign-up for an ImPact Test, please refer to - http://tinyurl.com/impact-baseline-test-sign-up
7. Students should return BPS Pre-participation Concussion Form, Online Concussion Certificates and Copy of Physical Exam to Mr. Denise’s Office, MC-12 as soon as possible to ensure requirements are completed and participation in tryouts is granted. Students missing any of the above requirements will not be allowed to participate in tryouts. For additional information, please contact Athletic Director Michael Denise - (781) 848-4000 x7810.