Dear Parent and Guardians,
Below you will find important information to prepare you for the upcoming 2020-2021 Sports Seasons. In order to be cleared to participate with Souderton athletics team, a student-athlete and their parent/guardian must go through a registration/clearance process. This process allows us to collect all necessary PIAA forms, medical/emergency contact information, and relay all pertinent athletics department information.
The Family ID portal will be the online registration platform to facilitate the PIAA Clearance Paperwork. Moving forward we will no longer be accepting hard copy versions of the PIAA Clearance Paperwork. We will now monitor year to year the students’ clearance work and simply update year to year as opposed to collecting new packets every sports season/school year.
Below you will find the step-by-step process families can follow to make sure their athletes are cleared to participate in the upcoming season.
STEP #1 – CREATE A FAMILY ID ACCOUNT TO REGISTER YOUR STUDENT ATHLETE(S):
1. Click on LINK TO LANDING PAGE
2. Click on the Register Now button and go down to Create Account / Log In.
3. Create your secure Family ID account by entering the account owner first and last
names (parent/guardian), email address and password.
4. Select I Agree to the Family ID Terms of Service.
5. Click Create Account.
6. You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your email filters (spam, junk, etc.)
7. Click on the link in your activation email, which will log you into FamilyID.com.
8. If you are a returning athlete at Souderton, simply click the drop boxes under each section of your registration. Select the registration from the year prior and all of the information will carry over to your new one for the new season. You will still have upload your new Section 6 Form.
STEP #2 – COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION/CLEARANCE PROCESS & UPLOAD YOUR PHYSICAL ON FAMILY ID:
Once your family ID account is active, you can now begin registering your student athlete to complete the clearance process.
1. Start to fill out all fields on the registration form. Those marked with a red* are required to have an answer.
2. In the Participant Information Section, you will be asked to upload a scanned copy of your PIAA Section 6 Form.
- This is where you will upload your PIAA Physical Page #6, signed by your doctor. Please see more information below.
- Please note: If the winter/spring student-athlete is playing his or her second or third sport this school year, then they must also re-upload their section 6 as well as their section 7 form (again both under the participant information section). If they were injured during their previous sport, a doctor must sign off on the section 7 form. If they were not injured, however, the parent/guardian can sign off on section 7.
3. Work down the rest of the registration form and click Continue when your form is complete.
4. Review your registration summary.
5. The Athletic Department will be checking the Family ID platform starting in late July. We will be officially approving athletes during this time. An athlete will be approved when registration is complete and an up to date Section 6 Form has been uploaded to Family ID. Information about your Doctor’s PIAA Physical Section 6 Form:
- Every athlete is required to have a doctor’s physical, which needs to take place AFTER June 1. Physicals dated before June 1 will not be valid.
- The doctor performing your physical will need to fill out Section 6 of the PIAA physical paperwork. You will need to print that form and bring it to the doctor on the date of your physical so that he/she can sign it once the physical is complete. Once complete and signed, this is what you will scan and upload to Family ID.
- Important: Only the official PIAA Section 6 form will be accepted for registration.
- Athletes who upload physicals on a different form other than the Section 6 form will not be approved to participate. You can ensure it is on the correct form by printing and taking with you to the doctors appointment as well as telling them you need a SPORTS PHYSICAL.
- There will be an additional tab to upload any other document that may be needed (I.e care forms for asthma, diabetes, conditions).
STEP #3 – ATTEND THE PRE–SEASON INFORMATION MEETING:
- Prior to every sports season, Souderton Athletes must attend this MANDATORY Sports Meeting the first day of practice for each season. During this time you will meet with the Athletic Director, Athletic Trainers and learn about the different rules/regulations of the athletic department.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions):
1. I am having technical trouble with the Family ID Platform, who should I contact?
o Please contact the Family ID support team through on of the following methods:
- Phone: 888-800-5583 ext. 1
2. Exactly what information are you collecting during the Family ID registration process?
o All relevant contact and emergency contact information that will be stored securely on the Family ID Platform.
o PIAA Comprehensive Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE) Forms:
- Remember: Section 6 of the form is the one you are uploading; all other sections will be collected electronically through Family ID.
- The collection of information from these forms is required for all PIAA Athletes.
- The PIAA CIPPE forms are comprised of 9 sections of information
o Acknowledgement of Souderton Athletics policies and procedures:
- Parents and student athletes will have access to review Souderton
department policies and procedures and sign off electronically that they are
understood and agreed upon.
3. Is it ok to upload a physical that is not on the PIAA Section 6 Form?
o No it is not! We can only accept the PIAA Section 6 form signed off by an Authorized Medical Examiner (MD, DO, PAC, CRNP, or SNP)
4. My insurance will not pay for another physical in this calendar year?
o Speak to your family physician about this. They might offer ways to help offset cost. Urgent Care, CVS and Walgreen’s offer sports physicals at a reasonable cost as well.
5. Do I need to go through the entire registration process just to try out for a team?
o Yes, for safety of the student athlete trying out, it is imperative we have all necessary information to handle any situation that could potentially occur while participating.