This year, SHS will be offering free summer courses for credit recovery, original credit, or for enrichment. Students may register for up to three classes* (incoming 9th graders are limited to two). All courses (except the Physical Education course) will be in-person at SHS, and students will still follow current safety rules surrounding COVID-19. To read more about each of the course offerings, click here to see a calendar for the summer program weeks and course descriptions (July 6 to August 6, split into 3 sessions: July 6 - 9, July 12 - July 26, and July 26 to August 6). Courses are either 1 week, 2 weeks, or all 5 weeks (credit recovery courses), and there are three different time blocks that courses will run (8:30-10:30 AM, 10:40 AM-12:40 PM followed by a lunch break, and 1:00 to 2:45 PM, Mondays through Fridays).
If you are taking courses to recover credit not earned during the school year, please register for the correct Credit Recovery courses. Credit will be recovered upon successful completion of the Edgenuity course.
Courses like Summer Success, music, theater, etc...may be taken for 1.25 credits per course and applied toward graduation on a pass/fail (**however, students in CTE and other special programs may apply these credits toward certain departmental requirements at program discretion). To earn credits, students can miss no more than two class meetings for each two week course and complete all in-class assignments for that course.
Other Important information
· COVID restrictions including testing and mask-wearing may apply and will be communicated as soon as possible. All students/families must also complete this COVID-19 ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM as well before starting their in-person summer courses. You just need to complete this form once.
· All work must be completed with academic integrity — cheating is unacceptable and may result in dismissal
· Dismissal may result after 2 unexplained absences
· Under-enrollment may cancel or limit course offerings (alternatively courses with multiple sections may be combined and students will be notified of any changes to their original selections)
- Free breakfast and lunch available each day for any student
STUDENTS MUST BRING THEIR CHARGED CHROMEBOOKS EVERY DAY FOR COURSES THAT USE THEM (incoming 9th grade students will be able to borrow a Chromebook for in-school use for the Summer Success course when needed).
To register online for any of these course, please create a FamilyID account (for help, click here) and fill in the entries below once logged in to FamilyID (in the case of necessary changes to the schedule, students and families may be contacted by phone numbers or emails provided below). Once you create an account, it will be easy to register for multiple classes easily as the website will save your entered information (or you can sign up for multiple courses at once). Alternatively, students and families can choose to attend an in-person registration day on June 24 (12-3 PM at SHS) to sign up for classes.
For any questions or concerns about the SHS Summer Program, please email Trish Murphy at email@example.com (or call Trish at 617-575-9310) and/or Michael Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org.