Registration is now open for ALL OSAA sponsored athletic programs. Completed registration is required prior to participation in any athletic program. This includes an updated athletic physical.
We are thrilled that the official competitive seasons will soon be underway. As you may expect this season will look different in many ways. The new policies and procedures for this season are driven by the Governor, OHA, OSAA and School District 4J and are updated as changes are made. At this time,
- Face coverings must be worn by everyone involved in practice or competition at all times. Players will wear face covering while playing.
- Contact tracing checking in and out of practice and competitions will continue.
- Stay home when feeling ill.
- District provided transportation to all competitions: All athletes will arrive at Sheldon, be transported to game venue, compete, be transported back to Sheldon.
- No Spectators at competitions. With state limitations on venue capacities there will be no spectators allowed at any of our competitions, both home and away.
While some of these changes may be disappointing to families, we are focused on the students experience and the opportunities we are able to provide.
In Season Sports:
|Sport Season 4||First Practice Date||First Contest Date|
Fee: There is a 1 time fee of $50.00 for a competitive sports season. No ASB fee will be charged this year. $10.00 reduced fee for those who qualify.
- Complete and turn in the OSAA Physical Examination Form. You must provide proof of a physical exam on the OSAA form every 2 years. Physicals must be valid through the end of the sport's season. Students are NOT eligible for practice or try-outs until a current physical form is received and approved by the Athletic Trainer or the School Nurse. Questions about physicals contact Nancy Kelley Kelley_n@4j.lane.edu. 541-790-6651
- Each student must be covered by insurance, with a group policy number noted. Students are NOT eligible for practice or try-outs until insurance is secured with a policy number! School insurance policies are available but may take up to two weeks to process. Enroll at www.myers-stevens.com/enrollment-page.
All student-athletes must be passing 2.0 credits in the current term AND must have earned a minimum of 2.0 credits in the previous term. Questions contact Heather Stein Stein_h@4j.lane.edu. 541-790-6650
- Previous-term academic eligibility requirement waived for the first term
- Must have earned a total of 4.5 credits
- Must have earned a total of 10 credits
- Must have earned a total of 17 credits