RHAM HIGH SCHOOL
Parking Permit Application
STUDENT DRIVING/PARKING RULES
All students who wish to drive to school must pay the RHAM High School Parking Fee and register their vehicles by submitting a completed application form, along with a copy of their valid Connecticut driver’s license and current insurance card. A Parking Permit will be issued which will designate an assigned parking area – Senior-Upper Lot (Purple with White letters), Junior -Lower Lot (Teal with Black letters) or Veterans Park (Purple or Teal).
Senior Parking is in the upper lot in spaces numbered 186-207 and any of the unnumbered spaces. Sophomores and Juniors with permits may only park in the lower lot (by the tennis courts and football field). Due to limited parking spaces, cars must be parked in their assigned area. Individual spaces are not assigned. Parking privileges are not transferable to other automobiles or students. Only students in possession of a 2020-2021 parking permit are allowed to park at these school parking locations.
STUDENTS MAY NOT PARK ON ANY GRASS OR STAFF PARKING AREAS. Any student who parks in an unapproved area will be subject to disciplinary action, including but not limited to fines, detention, in-school suspension, towing and loss of driving privileges on school grounds.
STUDENTS WHO PARK IN A MARKED FIRE LANE WILL BE FINED.
Students are to familiarize themselves with the rules regarding student driving/parking. In particular, students are prohibited from driving off campus or in the parking lot during school hours without permission. Violation of this rule may result in loss of driving/parking privileges on school grounds.
STICKERS MUST BE PLACED ON THE LOWER CORNER OF THE WINDSHIELD ON THE DRIVER’S SIDE OF THE VEHICLE.
STUDENTS WHO PARK ON SCHOOL GROUNDS MUST:
- Have a current sticker visible on the lower corner of the windshield (driver’s side).
- Park in the appropriate area designated by the sticker.
- Proceed directly from their vehicles into the school building upon arrival.
- Depart from the parking lot immediately after school – no loitering in the parking area.
- Operate their vehicles with caution in the parking lot and when entering and leaving school grounds.
- Abide by the 15 mph speed limit on school grounds (offenders will be referred to the authorities).
- Lock your vehicles. RHAM High School is not responsible for any thefts, acts of vandalism, and damage committed to student vehicles parked on school grounds.
- Not loiter in the parking lot, on school grounds when leaving early.
- Not return to the parking lot or drive their vehicles off campus/in the parking lot during school hours without permission from the office.
- Never park in staff parking (spaces marked reserved or numbered 1-88 & 100-185) fire lanes, or grassy areas.
- Park only in one of the first three rows when parking in Veterans Park.
- All school rules apply to Veterans Park on school days between the hours of 7:00am-2:20pm.
Pay parking fee online at www.schoolpay.com. Parking fee - $25.00 for semester one with NO REFUNDS should we go to distance learning and no additional charges should we go back to a full return. Information regarding the cost for semester two will be shared as it becomes available.
- Students must pay the parking fee with the following instruction at SchoolPay.
- Student parking on campus without having completed all necessary paperwork and paying the parking fee will be required to pay a $10.00 fine for each violation.
- Students parking on campus without completing all necessary paperwork will also be subject to additional consequences.
- Complete and submit the Parking Permit Application 2020-2021.
- ONCE MS. GORMAN HAS VERIFIED THAT YOUR APPLICATION IS COMPLETE YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH A TIME TO PICK UP YOUR PARKING PERMIT. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE MAIN OFFICE PRIOR TO RECEIVING THE EMAIL.