Welcome, THIS REGISTRATION IS FOR ALL 2019-2020 SPORTS. Please read the important message below from the ACRMS Athletic Department before beginning!
- Important Note: This registration is to be completed by the student-athlete and a parent. Please ensure the correct person is signing each field and all information is reviewed together.
- Completion of this form as well as a current Physical and signed Consent to treat form will gain athletic clearance.
- Physicals must be completed by a medical professional and are valid for 395 days and submitted to the front office
- Scanned or faxed copies will not be accepted.
- DO NOT create a new FamilyID login if you are a returning athlete! Please contact the FamilyID at email@example.com if you do not remember your login information.
- If valid, Physicals are kept on file and do not need to be re-submitted when completing a new registration.
- DO NOT submit a copy of your vaccination record, FamilyID registration or insurance card.
- If you have any questions regarding eligibility concerns or the registration process, please reach out to the Athletic Director, Cathy Higgins
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT PARTICIPATION IN INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETIC CONTESTS
The purpose of all eligibility rules and regulations is to keep competition equitable and to maintain athletics in proper perspective in relation to the total educational program. The following regulations are considered as minimum standards for each local administrative unit to follow in maintaining the highest possible standards relative to its interscholastic athletic program.
1. Age: A student may not participate on a 7th or 8th grade team if he or she turns 15 years old on or before August 31st of the current school year.
2. Attendance: A student must be in attendance at least 85% (77 of 90 days) of the previous semester.
3. Residence: A student must participate at the school to which he or she is assigned by the local board of education. No student may participate in the FBMSC if they are attending a private school, charter school, or home school.
4. Academic Guideline: Upon entering 7th grade, students will be eligible until the end of the first 9 week grading period. A student who fails 2 or more core classes on a nine week report card will be deemed academically ineligible during the next 9 week grading period.
5. Participation of Eligibility: From the students’ date of entry into the 7th grade, he/she will have four consecutive semesters of eligibility, regardless of medical hardship.
A student transfer by the Board of Education from one district to another (Schedule C) is not eligible until the next semester.
A student dismissed from a team for behavior or academics is ineligible for participation of that season.
There are no regulations for residency changes.
BCS middle schools are members of the French Broad Middle School Athletic Conference. This conference includes the following middle schools: Reynolds, Cane Creek, Enka, Erwin, North Buncombe, Owen, and Valley Springs. The opportunity to be a member of all sports teams is open to all students in grades seven and eight. By North Carolina Athletic Policy, sixth graders are not eligible to participate in interscholastic sports. Sixth grade students who would like to be involved in athletics should speak to a coach concerning the possibility of becoming a manager of a team.
Coaches will conduct tryouts in each sport at the beginning of each season. (Students who tryout and do not make an athletic team are encouraged to participate in outside sports activities to continue to develop athletic skills.) Continued hard work and participation may make students even better players than some of those who were selected for athletic teams.
Physical Examination - Student Athletic Packets
Each athlete and cheerleader must have a physical examination by a doctor and an athletic packet completed by the student athlete and their parent or guardian before he/she will be allowed to participate in tryouts. The physical examination is only valid for one year and one month from the date of the physical and must be submitted on the Athletic Packet forms provided on this website or in available in the Main Office.
Transportation and Insurance Fee
A $40.00 fee is charged to all student athletes one time during the school year. The $5.00 insurance fee is charged as well as a $35.00 transportation fee to help cover the cost of transportation to athletic events. This fee is paid only once, so students who participate in two or more sports pay the insurance and transportation fees at the time they first participate in a school sport.
Student Athlete Expectations
All student-athletes represent Buncombe County and their respective schools. Therefore, each student athlete's actions both in and out of school must reflect positively on the district and school community or the participant will not represent the school in any athletic activities.
While at school, student-athletes are expected to set positive examples for the rest of the student body. All student-athletes are expected to follow school rules at all times.