Mission & Philosophy
The mission of Mount Saint Mary Academy is to challenge each student to develop her fullest potential in a Christian atmosphere of love and caring. As a Catholic, private, secondary school owned and operated by Sisters of Mercy of the Mid-Atlantic and rooted in the tradition of their foundress, Venerable Catherine McAuley, Mount Saint Mary Academy is committed to academic excellence with special concern for women.
The Mount endeavors to:
- offer a varied curriculum that will produce students well-versed in the arts and sciences, capable of facing the complex challenges of today and tomorrow.
- provide for a healthy, joy-filled atmosphere which will stimulate critical thinking, foster a spirit of inquiry, and promote a creative attitude.
- create a supportive environment characterized by attention to the growth of each individual spiritually, morally, intellectually, socially, physically, and culturally.
- foster leadership, responsibility, and a concern for Christian service as the students become more conscious of putting social justice into action.
- strengthen the faith of students so it will become living, conscious, and active.
Parent or Legal Guardian - it is required for you to fill out this online All Student Contact form.
INSTRUCTION TO PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN:
Parents are required to fill out this All Student Contact Form below.