The Medway Community Education Department is a totally self-sustaining program, designed to serve the varied needs of all area residents. Our programs provide the opportunity for educational and creative development incorporating academic, career and enrichment courses for all ages.
- TO REGISTER - Scroll down or click on the green button to select courses - continue to complete participant information.
- IMPORTANT - Carefully check your child's personal registration information if it has changed since last registering - age, grade, teacher, allergies, etc.
- LOCATIONS - Click on the link for directions to program locations.
Updated Class Information:
IMPORTANT CHANGES - YMCA Swim Lessons - Beginning January 2018, the YMCA is revising its swim lesson structure to simplify and more accurately describe skill levels.
- Name Changes: Lesson names are changing to stages that better reflect the skills learned and will no longer be identified by fish levels. Visit the YMCA’s website for more information and a detailed guide on which stage is appropriate for your child. When choosing your child’s next swim session, the name changes will be reflected on the website.
Curriculum Changes: The curriculum is changing to better serve the different learning styles of children. The structure is simplified and focuses on benchmark skills and goals in each stage. Children progress from fundamentals to stroke technique over six distinct stages.
- Swim Basics (ages 6-36 months) Stage A: Water Discovery Stage B: Water Exploration Stage C: Water Independence
- Swim Starters (ages 3-5 years) Stage 1: Water Acclimation Stage 2: Water Movement Stage 3: Water Stamina
- Swim Strokes (ages 3-5 years) Stage 4: Swim Strokes
- Program Member Fee: When you register through Medway Community Education, registrants receive the Program Member Fee without having to pay an annual fee. To view all new class descriptions in each swim stage, please check the YMCA’s website at www.hockymca.org. Once you have determined the stage, please register through our department – online or by mail. Do not register through the YMCA’s portal.
- Swim Waiver: All families must have a swim waiver on file with the YMCA. A one-time waiver is sent to all families upon receipt of your child’s registration. Our department returns the waiver to the YMCA, and your child’s swim lesson time is confirmed.
Additional Program Information:
Drop-In Baby & Toddler Jam - Medway Public Library Tuesday and Wednesday mornings 11:00-11:30am. Newborns through 3-year-olds are invited to this weekly drop-in program of stories, finger play and songs accompanied by a mountain dulcimer. No registration is necessary. Children must be accompanied by parent/caregiver.
It's Story Time! - Medway Public Library Thursday and Friday mornings 11:00-11:30am. Ages 10 months-5 years (ages are flexible; if you think your children will enjoy story time, please bring them.) Our children's librarian will hold a drop-in story time with songs, stories, and a simple craft. No registration is necessary. Children must be accompanied by a parent/caregiver.