Dear Parent(s) and Guardian(s):
We are excitedly starting the Pre-Kindergarten registration process for the 2019-2020 school year. We recognize that a child's and a parent's/guardian's first experiences with school are important ones, and our educational journey with you and your child begins today. Poland Pre-Kindergarten registration has two main goals: to use an enrollment process that is accommodating and welcoming to families and to get to know your child, his/her unique characteristics and their school readiness.
This year, Pre-Kindergarten registration will be held in the cafeteria on the evening of Thursday, May 16th at 6pm. PCS support staff and school partners, including the Registrar, Guidance Director, Nurse, Transportation Director, and I will be at registration. Most required forms and paperwork are now part of FamilyID, an encrypted software platform. We share the initial steps to access FamilyID below and for parents/guardians who need support with access to FamilyID or online form completion, we will support you with 1:1 help on Thursday, May 16th.
To initiate Pre-Kindergarten enrollment and registration, simply complete steps 1 and 2 before May 16th, and we will have most of what is needed. FamilyID is accessible to you now, any day, at any time.
1. Visit the Poland CSD website homepage at www.polandcs.org; click on the link for FamilyID under the Student/Parent tab or Quick Links tab on the left hand side of the page or type https://www.familyid.com/organ... in your browser. Create an account, using the tab at the top right of the FamilyID page.
2. Once you have an account, go to the Programs tab; select the Pre-Kindergarten registration form, and provide the requested information.
All parents and guardians are required to come to the Pre-Kindergarten parent night on Thursday, May 16 at 6pm. We welcome both parents, but we know work schedules and child care create unique challenges, so only one custodial parent is required to participate. On this night, we need original documents for the Pre-Kindergarten child in order to finalize registration:
* the original birth certificate
* current immunization records
* the most recent health physical and dental health form (if the child has seen a dentist)
* the custodial parent's driver's license or non-driver picture ID
* any pertinent custody paperwork
* three items from the list below that provide a street address (not a PO Box) to confirm residency:
-A current pay stub
-Current utility bill or bills
-Most recent tax forms
-An official lease/rental agreement
-A State or Government - issued ID
At the Pre-Kindergarten parent night, parents and guardians will learn about:
* Readiness screenings that provide data beyond the questions on our registration form
* The 2019-2020 timeline for receiving teacher assignments
* The number of sessions planned for next school year, and
* The date of a specials classroom visit we want all students to attend.
This event allows parents an opportunity to meet his/her classroom teacher and teacher aide in the presence of a parent, guardian or other parent/guardian-designated participant who has a regular role in the student's life (grandparent, aunt, uncle, godparent, etc.)
As a father of two children, myself, I know some of your questions and some of your anxieties, and I want you to know I am excited to meet you and support the registration/enrollment process for PCS Class of 2032-2033, a journey that begins today.
Your active participation and involvement in your child's learning is invaluable. In advance of May 16th if you have question, please let us know. You can contact the district registrar Carolyn Miller at 315-826-0214 or contact me at the PreK-12 office, 315-826-7900 ext. 3. You can also email me at email@example.com
Mr. Gregory Cuthbertson