Welcome Palmer High School New Student Registration for the 2018-2019 academic year. Please complete this information if your student will be in grades 9–12 and has NEVER attended Palmer ISD.
A child who is at least five years of age and under 21 years of age on the first day of September of the school year in which admission is sought may be admitted free of tuition if the parent, legal guardian, or other person with legal control of the child under a court order resides in the Palmer Independent School District.
In order to complete the registration process, the District needs specific information and records.
Additional Required Forms
Anyone meeting the requirements as stated in Section 25.001 of the Texas Education Code and enrolling a child in the Palmer Independent School District should be prepared to provide the following additional required forms to the school:
Proof of Residency - Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must provide two (2) proofs of residency in the Palmer Independent School District. Documents acceptable as proof of residency include:
- A purchase, lease, or rental agreement of reasonable duration; and
- A current water bill, gas bill, or electric bill
Proof of Identity - The person enrolling a student must furnish proof of their identity at the time of enrollment. The proof of identity should reflect an address in the Palmer ISD. Documents acceptable as proof of identity include:
- Driver's license; or
- DPS identification card
- A copy of the student's birth certificate
- Copy of Social Security Card - A social security number or other acceptable PED/iS identification number is requested by the school. A copy of the student's social security card is requested.
- Immunization Records - Immunization records are required at time of registration.
- Withdrawal Form - State laws require students transferring from another public school in Texas to furnish the standard withdrawal form from that school at the time of registration. Students transferring from private schools or public schools outside of Texas must furnish, at the time of registration, a withdrawal form from the last school they attended. The withdrawal form must include a transcript of all grades and classes taken, a record of attendance, and a reason for withdrawal. The academic grade-level performance of your child may need to be determined before proper placement can be made; however, a class schedule or a listing of the last classes taken at the previous school will be helpful in determining your child's new schedule.
Should you require assistance with this form, please call FamilyID's help desk at 888-800-5583 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Live support is available for our families 7 days a week.
When you have finished the registration of your new student you will need to stop by the High School on August 6th or 7th from 9:00am - 3:00pm and provide us with birth certificate, social security and shot record. Also, if you have a transcript or withdraw form we will need it at that time.